|Birthname||Simón Narciso Díaz Márquez|
|born on||8 August 1928 at 08:00 (= 08:00 AM )|
|Place||Barbacoas (Aragua), Venezuela, 9n29, 66w59|
|Timezone||VET h4w30 (is standard time)|
|Astrology data||15°41' 13°00 Asc. 17°06'|
A singer and Grammy Award-winning composer of Venezuelan music, Díaz has performed in theater, motion pictures and television. In the 1960s he became a comedian in Venezuela. He had the leading role in three plays, and in films like El Reportero and Isla de Sal has produced and hosted 12 different TV shows, all of them devised to promote Venezuelan music. One of these shows, Contesta por Tío Simón, was devoted to teaching popular culture to children. This children's show was on the air for 10 years, during which time Díaz's viewers began calling him "Uncle Simón". Diaz had a daily radio show for twenty-five years which focused on folklore and Venezuelan music. He has recorded over 70 records and CDs and has made innumerable performances throughout his career.
He died in February 2014.
Eduardo Castellanos quotes a post in spanish published in Diaz's Facebook page https://www.facebook.com/tiosimondiaz/posts/10151609230806429?stream_ref=5
- Personal : Death : Illness/ Disease (Alzheimer's)
- Vocation : Entertainment : Actor/ Actress
- Vocation : Entertainment : TV host/ Personality
- Vocation : Entertain/Music : Composer/ Arranger (Venezuelan Folk Music)
- Vocation : Entertain/Music : Vocalist/ Pop, Rock, etc. (Venezuelan Folk Music)