Di Liegro, Luigi
|born on||16 October 1928 at 20:00 (= 8:00 PM )|
|Place||Gaeta, Italy, 41n12, 13e35|
|Timezone||MET h1e (is standard time)|
|Astrology data||23°10' 27°40 Asc. 16°20'|
Italian ecclesiastic, a Roman Catholic priest ordained in 1953, age 24. He earned a degree in philosophy and theology. A purist, he made his judgment calls with honesty and was not popular with the people he accused of hypocrisy.
Di Liegro became a Diocese assistant for the youth of an activist organization, meeting in Rome 1974. When the communist Party took power in Rome, 1975, he organized conciliatory meetings between the Party and the Church. From 1980, he was Director of Caritas in Rome (a Red Cross type organization), organizing meals for the poor and feeding 2,000 persons a day. He created a center for people with AIDS and constructed a net of assistance for the elderly. In 1990-91, he battled for the rights of immigrants and in 1996-97, projects for assistance in Albania. He intervened in laws for immigrants and money-lenders.
After a life of heroic proportions, Pere Di Liegro died 10/12/1997, Milan, Italy.
- Work : New Career 1953 (Ordained priest)
- Work : Gain social status 1974 (Diocese)
- Work : New Job 1980 (Director of Caritas)
- Work : Begin Major Project 1990 (Battled for the rights of immigrants, one year)
- Work : Begin Major Project 1996 (Projects for assistance in Albania, one year)
- Death, Cause unspecified 12 October 1997 at 12:00 noon in Milan, Italy (Age 68)
chart Placidus Equal_H.
Bordoni quotes B.C., Datanotizie No.17, 1/1998
- Vocation : Religion : Ecclesiastics/ western (R.C. priest)
- Personal : Religion/Spirituality : Western (R.C.)
- Passions : Sexuality : Celibacy/ Minimal
- Vocation : Politics : Activist/ social (Fed the poor, cared for rights of disenfrnchised)