|born on||30 January 1801 at 05:00 (= 05:00 AM )|
|Place||Termonde, Belgium, 51n02, 4e07|
|Timezone||LMT m4e07 (is local mean time)|
|Astrology data||09°54' 12°49 Asc. 22°31'|
Belgian Roman Catholic Jesuit priest, one of the giants of the pioneer west of the American continent. In the mid-19th century, his influence with the Indians was so great that his figure dominated the era. He was accepted by the Indians as a half-brother due to his efforts on their part in treaties, a trusted spokesman whom they named "Black Robe."
Desmet made the first of many journeys in 1847; traveling for three decades into the uncharted territories from Mississippi to the Pacific, establishing missions and schools.
LMR quotes Biography: John Upton Terrell "Black Robe" (Baptismal Register, p.24, published 1964)
- Family : Relationship : Married late/never
- Family : Parenting : Kids none
- Passions : Sexuality : Celibacy/ Minimal (Minimal)
- Vocation : Religion : Ecclesiastics/ western (R.C. priest)
- Vocation : Travel : Adventurer
- Notable : Famous : Historic figure (Black Robe)