|Birthname||Zooey Claire Deschanel|
|born on||17 January 1980 at 06:57 (= 06:57 AM )|
|Place||Santa Monica, California, 34n01, 118w29|
|Timezone||PST h8w (is standard time)|
|Astrology data||26°39' 23°05 Asc. 24°53'|
American actress, singer-songwriter, musician and producer. She is the daughter of a cinematographer and an actress and younger sister of Emily Deschanel. In 1999, Deschanel made her film debut in Mumford, followed by her breakout role as Anita Miller in Cameron Crowe's 2000 semi-autobiographical film Almost Famous. Deschanel soon became known for her deadpan comedy roles in films such as The Good Girl (2002), The New Guy (2002), Elf (2003), The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy (2005), Failure to Launch (2006), Yes Man (2008), and (500) Days of Summer (2009). She also received acclaim for her dramatic turns in films Manic (2001), All the Real Girls (2003), Winter Passing (2005) and Bridge to Terabithia (2007). She has played Jessica Day on the Fox sitcom New Girl since 2011, for which she has received an Emmy Award nomination and three Golden Globe Award nominations. For a few years starting in 2001, Deschanel performed in the jazz cabaret act If All the Stars Were Pretty Babies with fellow actress Samantha Shelton. Besides singing, she plays keyboards, percussion, banjo and ukulele. In 2006, Deschanel teamed up with M. Ward to release their debut album Volume One, under the name She & Him which was released in March 2008. Their follow-up album Volume Two was released in the U.S. in March 2010, with their Christmas album A Very She & Him Christmas being released in 2011, Volume 3 in 2013, and Classics in 2014. She also received Grammy Award for Best Song Written for Visual Media nomination for her song "So Long" which featured in Winnie the Pooh soundtrack.
She became engaged to singer Ben Gibbard in late 2008. They married on September 19, 2009, near Seattle, Washington. On November 1, 2011, they announced their separation. Deschanel subsequently filed for divorce on December 27, 2011, citing "irreconcilable differences." The divorce was finalized on December 12, 2012.
Deschanel is allergic to eggs, dairy, and wheat gluten. She used to be a vegan which, according to a March 2010 interview with Health magazine, she had to give up because her food sensitivities made it too difficult for her to stay healthy on a vegan diet.
In mid-2014, Deschanel began dating producer Jacob Pechenik. On January 13, 2015, Deschanel announced that they are expecting their first child.
On August 3, 2015, Deschanel told press she gave birth to a baby girl and revealed in the announcement that she had also married Jacob Pechenik before the baby's birth.
- associate relationship with Caplan, Lizzy (born 30 June 1982). Notes: co-stars on "New Girl"
- associate relationship with Gordon-Levitt, Joseph (born 17 February 1981)
- associate relationship with Raphael, June Diane (born 4 January 1980). Notes: co-stars on "New Girl"
- associate relationship with Wayans, Damon Jr. (born 18 November 1982). Notes: co-stars on "New Girl"
- friend relationship with Gyllenhaal, Jake (born 19 December 1980)
- friend relationship with Hudson, Kate (born 19 April 1979)
- sibling relationship with Deschanel, Emily (born 11 October 1976)
- Relationship : Begin significant relationship 2008 (Engaged to Ben Gibbard)
- Family : Change in family responsibilities July 2015 (gave birth to a daughter)
chart Placidus Equal_H.
PT quotes birth certificate in hand
- Traits : Body : Diet unusual
- Traits : Personality : Unique
- Diagnoses : Major Diseases : Allergies (eggs, dairy, and wheat gluten)
- Family : Childhood : Family noted
- Family : Childhood : Order of birth (youngest of two children)
- Family : Childhood : Sibling circumstances (sister actress Emily Deschanel)
- Personal : Religion/Spirituality : Western (raised Roman Catholic)
- Vocation : Entertainment : Actor/ Actress
- Vocation : Entertainment : TV series/ Soap star ("New Girl")
- Vocation : Entertainment : Voice-Over
- Vocation : Entertain/Music : Group/ Duo (She & Him)
- Vocation : Entertain/Music : Instrumentalist (keyboards, percussion, banjo and ukulele)
- Vocation : Entertain/Music : Jazz
- Vocation : Entertain/Music : Song writer
- Vocation : Entertain/Music : Vocalist/ Pop, Rock, etc.
- Vocation : Entertain/Business : Entertain Producer
- Notable : Awards : Grammy