|Birthname||Derek Delevan Harris|
|born on||12 August 1926 at 13:20 (= 1:20 PM )|
|Place||Hollywood, California, 34n06, 118w20|
|Timezone||PST h8w (is standard time)|
|Astrology data||19°23' 06°24 Asc. 00°01'|
American actor drafted for the military after his debut picture, "Since You Went Away," 1944. Signing a postwar contract with Columbia, he was named "most popular find" of 1949. His films include "All the King's Men" and "Rogues of Sherwood Forest."
Derek was the son of theatrical parents who separated when he was five. Cameraman Russell Harlan became John's father figure; he taught the boy to ride and swim, but it was his mother whom he adored and protected. Even when he spent time visiting with his dad, he would visit his mom every day after school and he later admitted to being terribly spoiled. His coaching began when he was 17, under contract to Selznick, but he seldom turned up for classes.
Derek spent 1945-46 in the army as a paratrooper, making 16 jumps. Post-war, he signed with Columbia in 1949 and was cast in "Knock on Any Door." The fan magazines labeled him a star before the film was even released, labeling it his debut even though he had played small roles in "Since You Went Away" and "I'll Be Seeing You" in 1944. When the movie came out, the studio was flooded with fan mail from both young men and women, the biggest deluge in history.
All that Derek was interested in at the time was girls, horseback riding and cars. His only interest in acting was as a source of income, and he coasted through a series of action and adventure pictures in costume.
A handsome man, he married gorgeous women who also had reputations of being nice people, with whom he managed to establish deep friendships after the marriages concluded. He was married to Patti Behrs, 1950-55; two kids. In 1957 he married Ursula Andress. From 1965-1975 he and Linda Evans were wed. Derek met 16-year old Bo Shane when he was 46; they married in 1977. His distaste for glamour notwithstanding, their home is complete with waterfall, fur rugs and animal-hide tabletops, along with an Excalibur automobile.
Doubling over with pain in October 1997, Derek was diagnosed with having kidney stones. His doctors blasted the stones with ultrasonic sound waves and Bo literally forced him to drink gallons of water a day for seven weeks. He was found unconscious at his ranch in Santa Inez Valley, CA and died 5/22/1998 during emergency heart surgery in the hospital in Santa Maria, CA., his wife Bo was at his side.
- spouse relationship with Andress, Ursula (born 19 March 1936)
- spouse relationship with Derek, Bo (born 20 November 1956)
- spouse relationship with Evans, Linda (born 18 November 1942)
- Work : Published/ Exhibited/ Released 1944 (Debut, Since You Went Away)
- Relationship : Marriage 1948 (Ursula Andress)
- Relationship : Marriage 1965 (Linda Evans)
- Relationship : Marriage 1977 (Bo Derek nee Collins)
- Death by Disease 22 May 1998 at 11:45 AM in Santa Maria, CA (Attack, died during surgery)
chart Placidus Equal_H.
Church of Light quotes B.C. (Same Contemporary American Horoscopes)
- Traits : Body : Appearance gorgeous
- Diagnoses : Body Part Problems : Heart (Attack, terminal)
- Diagnoses : Body Part Problems : Kidney (Stones)
- Family : Relationship : Marriage more than 15 Yrs (21 years)
- Family : Relationship : Marriage - Very happy (Happy with Bo)
- Family : Relationship : Mate - Age difference more than 15 yrs (Bo 30 years younger)
- Family : Relationship : Number of Marriages (Four)
- Family : Parenting : Kids -Traumatic event (Son quadraplegic)
- Passions : Sexuality : Extremes in quantity (Many relationships)
- Vocation : Beauty : Sex-symbol
- Vocation : Entertainment : Actor/ Actress
- Vocation : Entertain/Business : Director
- Vocation : Military : Military service (WW II)
- Notable : Book Collection : American Book