|born on||12 April 1885 at 07:00 (= 07:00 AM )|
|Place||Paris, France, 48n52, 2e20|
|Timezone||LMT m2e20 (is local mean time)|
|Astrology data||22°31' 15°30 Asc. 03°33'|
French artist, a fauve and cubist painter. Apprenticed to a stage designer in 1902, he began his own painting in 1904. He experimented with post-impressionism and Fauvism before moving into cubism in 1909. During WW I he lived in Spain and Portugal, returning to Paris in 1921. He did decorative murals from 1925.
Delaunay married the Russian painter Sonia (originally Sarah) Stern (14 Nov. 1885) on 23 November 1910. Died at Montpellier on 25 October 1941.
- associate relationship with Le Fauconnier, Henri (born 5 July 1881)
- parent->child relationship with Delaunay, Charles (born 18 January 1911)
- Social : Begin a program of study 1902 (Apprenticed to a stage designer)
- Work : New Job 1904 (Began his own painting)
- Family : Change residence 1921 (Moved back to Paris)
- Work : Begin Major Project 1925 (Started his decorative murals)
Lescaut quotes Barbault for B.R., confirmed by de Marre. BC also in Geslain archive, file peintres, photo 46
- Lifestyle : Home : Expatriate (Moved to Spain and Portugal during WW I)
- Vocation : Art : Fine art artist (Cubist painter)