De Laurentiis, Dino
|born on||8 August 1919 at 03:30 (= 03:30 AM )|
|Place||Torre Annunziata, Italy, 40n45, 14e27|
|Timezone||MEDT h2e (is daylight saving time)|
|Astrology data||14°28' 00°50 Asc. 12°39'|
Italian-American major film producer. He ran a studio with Carlo Ponti from 1950-57. They produced several of Italy's major postwar commercial and artistic successes, "Bitter Rice," 1948, "War and Peace," and "La Strada."
He moved to the U.S. 1970 and became a naturalized American citizen 9/19/1986. He produced the remake of "King Kong," 1976.
By January, 1988, his company was in debt $122 million to creditors, thanks in part to such flops as "Tai-Pan" and "King Kong Lives." Selling off its library of more than 350 movies and its 32-acre studio in North Carolina, his company filed for Chapter 11 bankruptcy, 1988. He formed another company in February 1990.
In 1988, De Laurentiis separated from Silvana Mangano after 39 years of marriage, three daughters and a son who died in a plane crash in 1981. Mangano died in mid-December 1989. In 1990 De Laurentiis married a much younger Martha Schumacher with whom he had two daughters. In 2001 he was awarded the Irving g. Thalberg Memorial Award for Lifetime Achievement. He is the grandfather of American celebrity chef Giada De Laurentiis.
He died at age 91 on November 10, 2010 in Beverly Hills, CA.
- associate relationship with Entertainment: King Kong (born 2 March 1933). Notes: Producer of 1976 remake
- parent->child relationship with De Laurentiis, Veronica (born 13 January 1950)
- spouse relationship with Mangano, Silvana (born 23 April 1930)
- Death of Child 1981 (Son died in a plane crash)
- Relationship : Marriage 1990 (Martha Schumacher)
- Work : Prize 2001 (Lifetime Achievement Award)
B.C. in hand from Steinbrecher
Bordoni vol 3 has the time 05.00 MET via B.C.
- Family : Relationship : Marriage more than 15 Yrs (39 Years, divorced)
- Family : Relationship : Mate - Noted (Silvana Mangano, actress)
- Lifestyle : Financial : Loss - Bankruptcy
- Lifestyle : Financial : Wealthy
- Lifestyle : Home : Expatriate (Italy and U.S.)
- Personal : Death : Long life more than 80 yrs
- Vocation : Entertain/Business : Director