De Angelis, Barbara
|born on||4 March 1951 at 09:40 (= 09:40 AM )|
|Place||Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, 39n57, 75w10|
|Timezone||EST h5w (is standard time)|
|Astrology data||13°13' 01°28 Asc. 25°40'|
American author and lecturer, one of America's leading experts on relationships and personal growth. DeAngelis is a popular television personality and author of a string of bestsellers on her subjects. She has reached millions of people worldwide with her positive messages about love, happiness and the search for meaning in our lives. She is the author of nine best-selling books which have sold over four million copies and been published in twenty languages.
Barbara is the daughter of Sidney Marvin De Angelis, an attorney, and Phyllis (Brunstein), an office manager, and her religious background is Jewish. She was educated at Lone Mountain College, earning a B.A. in 1975, Sierra University, with an. M.A. in 1980 and Columbia Pacific University for a Ph.D. in 1982.
She worked with then husband, Doug Henning, at Doug Henning Magic, Inc, Los Angeles, as creative consultant from 1976-80; was founder and executive director of Los Angeles Personal Growth Center from 1980-92 and began her highly successful "Making Love Work" seminars in Los Angeles in 1980. She is the host of "The Barbara DeAngelis Show" for KFI Radio in California and has appeared on CNN as the Newsnight therapist since 1987 and on ABC as counseling therapist in 1988. She is the President of the Barbara De Angelis Corporation, which provides production and consulting services.
A successful author, her books, including "How to Make Love all the Time," "Secrets About Men Every Woman Should Know," "Are You the One for Me?" and "Real Moments," have sold over four million copies and been published in 20 languages. Her newest book is "Ask Barbara: The 100 Most Asked Questions About Love, Sex, and Relationships." She writes regularly for Cosmopolitan, Ladies Home Journal, McCall's, Readers
Digest, Redbook and Family Circle.
The popular half-hour television infomercial, "Making Love Work," which she wrote and produced, has won numerous awards including Best Infomercial of 1994. Doing her research and homework, DeAngelis has been married four times, including at one time to Doug Henning, magician and illusionist. She lives in Southern California with her current husband, Dr. Jeffrey James, their two dogs and a cat.
- Social : End a program of study 1975 (B.A. from Lone Mountain College)
- Work : New Career 1976 (Worked at Doug Henning, Inc., four years)
- Social : End a program of study 1980 (M.A. from Sierra University)
- Work : Start Business 1980 at 12:00 midnight in Los Angeles, CA (Founder of L.A. Personal Growth Center, 12 years)
- Work : New Career 1980 at 12:00 midnight in Los Angeles, CA (Started her "Making Love Work" seminars)
- Social : End a program of study 1982 (Ph.D. from Columbia Pacific University)
- Work : Gain social status 1987 (Began appearing on CNN)
- Work : New Job 1988 (Counseling therapist for ABC)
- Work : Prize 1994 (Best Infomercial Award)
Linda Clark from her, "within 5 minutes."
- Traits : Mind : Education extensive (Ph.D.)
- Family : Relationship : Mate - Noted (First husband Doug Henning)
- Family : Relationship : Number of Marriages (Four)
- Lifestyle : Financial : Gain - Financial success in field
- Lifestyle : Social Life : Animals, pets (Dogs and cats)
- Vocation : Business : Business owner (President of own enterprises)
- Vocation : Entertainment : Radio/ D.J./ Announcer (Own radio show)
- Vocation : Entertainment : TV host/ Personality (Noted infomercials, guest appearances)
- Vocation : Writers : Magazine/ newsletter (Contributing to numerous magazines)
- Vocation : Writers : Textbook/ Non-fiction (Noted relationship writer)
- Notable : Awards : Vocational award (Best Informercial Award)
- Notable : Famous : Top 5% of Profession