|Birthname||Rosemary Shirley De Camp|
|born on||14 November 1910 at 05:30 (= 05:30 AM )|
|Place||Prescott, Arizona, 34n32, 112w28|
|Timezone||MST h7w (is standard time)|
|Astrology data||21°16' 16°11 Asc. 01°30'|
American actress who became known as the "Yankee Doodle" actress after she portrayed James Cagney’s mother in "Yankee Doodle Dandy," 1942. Despite only being in her 30’s at the time, youthful and attractive, DeCamp was primarily cast in roles that called for her to wear layers of old-age makeup. Always popular with casting directors, she had a rich career in both television and movies but always in supporting roles.
DeCamp attended Mills College in San Francisco where she performed in many plays. She was eventually hired as an understudy on Broadway, and before finally getting her break in Hollywood, she spent many years working on radio, including 17 years as "Nurse Judy" on the drama, "Dr. Christian." In 1941, she made her on-screen debut in "Cheers for Miss Bishop" and later portrayed Mowgli’s mother in "The Jungle Book." She was a cast member on "The Bob Cummings Show" during the 1950s and 1960s, and regularly filmed commercials for "20-Mule Team BORAX." On the popular TV sitcom, "That Girl," she once again worked her magic as a "momma" type.
DeCamp was married to John Ashton Shidler from 1941 to 1998, when he died. They had four daughters, Margaret, Martha, Valeria and Anita Louise.
Despite becoming totally deaf during the later years of her life, she remained as cheerful, positive and upbeat as ever and stayed in communication with her friends by using a typewriter. DeCamp died on 2/20/2001, Los Angeles.
- Work : New Job 1941 (Film debut)
- Relationship : Marriage 1941 (John Ashton Shidler, 57 years)
- Work : Published/ Exhibited/ Released 1942 (Appeared in "Yankee Doodle Dandy")
Same data from Stephen Przybylowski who quotes B.C. by phone
- Traits : Personality : Optimist (Cheerful, positive)
- Diagnoses : Body Part Problems : Ears (Deaf in later years)
- Family : Relationship : Marriage more than 15 Yrs (57 years with John)
- Family : Parenting : Kids more than 3 (Four girls)
- Personal : Death : Long life more than 80 yrs (Age 00)
- Vocation : Entertainment : Actor/ Actress (TV and film, supporting roles)
- Vocation : Entertainment : Radio/ D.J./ Announcer (17 years in radio)