|born on||23 November 1945 at 02:00 (= 02:00 AM )|
|Place||Nahalal, Israel, 32n41, 35e12|
|Timezone||EET h2e (is standard time)|
|Astrology data||00°20' 16°36 Asc. 05°48'|
Israeli film director, actor, screenwriter and producer.
Dayan is one of Israel’s most prominent, controversial, and brilliant artists, who in his films criticizes some of his country’s national values and myths. As an actor, he personifies first the myth and then the de-mystification of the Sabra, that is, the so-called Israeli new Jew whose good looks match his bravery and combat skills. Dayan’s name was tied with repeated drug addictions as well as several failed marital adventures.
He is the youngest son of Moshe Dayan, who was Israel’s chief of staff and minister of defense.
After military service and studying philosophy and English literature he embarked on a career as film actor, which eventually also lead to directing. He has been married four times and has four children: In March 2009, Dayan was indicted on suspicion of drug use and beating his girlfriend. In the wake of an earlier conviction for possession of drugs, he received a suspended sentence and 200 hours of community work as part of a plea bargain. Dayan admitted at the time that he was in possession of cocaine for personal use.
He spend 3 years in psychiatric institutions, and tried to commit suicide 3 times. In November 2009, Dayan suffered a massive heart attack and underwent angioplasty.
By 2012 he had acted in some 80 films and TV series episodes. Dayan was awarded 10 prizes, including the Israeli Academy Award as Best Actor for Mr. Baum. In 1998, he received a lifetime achievement award at the Jerusalem International Film Festival.
He died 1 May 2014.
- child->parent relationship with Dayan, Moshe (born 4 May 1915)
- sibling relationship with Dayan, Yael (born 12 February 1939)
His mother Rut Dayan in her autobiography.
- Traits : Personality : Eccentric
- Diagnoses : Psychological : Abuse Drugs
- Diagnoses : Psychological : Institutionalized
- Diagnoses : Psychological : Nervous Breakdown
- Family : Relationship : Number of Marriages (4 marriages)
- Vocation : Entertainment : Actor/ Actress
- Vocation : Entertain/Business : Director
- Notable : Famous : Newsmaker