|Birthname||Penick, Mary Frances|
|born on||30 December 1931 at 08:00 (= 08:00 AM )|
|Place||Sparta KY, USA, 38n40, 84w54|
|Timezone||EST h5w (is standard time)|
|Astrology data||07°52' 18°10 Asc. 07°21'|
American musician with a career that was always eventful. The eldest of seven kids, she formed a harmony group with her friend Betty Jack Davis (born 3/03/1932, Corgin, KY) and they called themselves "The Davis Sisters." They began to play regular gigs on the radio in Lexington and on other shows in Detroit and Cincinnati before they signed a record contract. In 1953 their first RCA release, "I Forgot More Than You'll Ever Know" went N.1 on the charts in 26 weeks.
A car accident on the highway to Cincinnati on 8/02/53 killed Betty Jack and critically injured Skeeter, leading to a long rehab of recovery. She worked with Betty's sister for a while before going solo. In 1959 she had a big breakthrough with "Set Him Free" that established her as a star. "The End of The World," 1962, went gold and put her in the world-class. Davis' heart is in country, though she does some variety of style.
Davis married deejay Ralph Emery; divorced 1964; her second marriage was to bassist Joey Stampinato, 1986.
After surgery for breast cancer, 1988, Davis had breast reconstruction then the major problem of an implant that ruptured. In 1996, her cancer moved into the bone. The Grand Ole Opry singer died of breast cancer on September 19, 2004 in Nashville, TN. She was 72.
- Health : Accident (Non-fatal) 2 August 1953 (Critically injured in car accident)
chart Placidus Equal_H.
- Health : Medical procedure 1988 (Mastectomy, reconstruction)
- Work : Gain social status 1953 (RCA release went No.1 on charts)
- Death of Significant person 2 August 1953 (Partner Betty Jack killed in accident)
chart Placidus Equal_H.
- Health : Acute illness 1996 (Cancer metastized to bone)
- Relationship : Divorce dates 1964 (From Emery)
- Relationship : Marriage 1986 (Joey Stampinato)
Stephen Przybylowski quotes B.C.
- Diagnoses : Body Part Problems : Accident/Injury (Car, injured badly)
- Notable : Book Collection : Profiles Of Women
- Lifestyle : Work : Work in team/ Tandem (Duo, the Davis Sisters)
- Diagnoses : Major Diseases : Cancer (Breast, bone)
- Lifestyle : Work : Travel for work (Music tours)
- Notable : Famous : Top 5% of Profession
- Personal : Death : Illness/ Disease