|Birthname||Marion Cecilia Douras|
|born on||3 January 1897 at 06:00 (= 06:00 AM )|
|Place||Brooklyn (Kings County), New York, 40n38, 73w56|
|Timezone||EST h5w (is standard time)|
|Astrology data||13°24' 16°05 Asc. 23°19'|
American actress, more noted as the mistress of William Randolph Hearst for 37 yrs. She first caught his attention when she was 16, appearing on stage; he was then 50. He tried to make her a star but one critic wrote, "Miss Davies has a range of expression from A to B."
Though Hearst was married, they were inseparable from 1924, living in the fabulous Hearst Castle at San Simeon on the California Coast. A warm and charming hostess, she oversaw one of the most extraordinary show places of the 20th century, a castle with decor and art work that could never be replicated for any amount of money as time went by. She may have begun her relationship with Hearst for financial expediency, but she grew to love him deeply and spent 37 years by his side.
She did handle money well, investing in stocks and property. At one time when he was strapped for cash, she was able to hand him $1 million that she had socked away. Davies was also well thought of by her friends, and always had a spare bit of money for someone who was down on their luck. She built a children's clinic that later developed into UCLA Medical Center.
Loyal to Hearst and friends with his boys, she took care of him when his health failed in his 80s. In 1947 they moved to a mansion on eight acres in Beverly Hills. On the morning of 8/14/1951, Hearst died and his body was taken away from her for burial with the attendance of his wife and sons. Davies wept, "I loved him for 32 years and could not even say goodbye."
In October 1951, she married, at the age of 54, for the first time. Her husband, Horace Brown, was a tall retired Merchant Marine captain with blue eyes who looked remarkably like William Randolph Hearst.
She herself died of cancer, 9/22/1961 in Hollywood, CA.
- spousal equivalent relationship with Hearst, William Randolph (born 29 April 1863)
Ruth Hale Oliver quotes Biography: F.L. Guiles, "Marion Davies.
- Diagnoses : Major Diseases : Cancer (Lung)
- Diagnoses : Psychological : Abuse Alcohol
- Diagnoses : Psychological : Stutter, Tics
- Family : Relationship : Cohabitation more than 3 yrs (Partner with Hearst for 37 years)
- Family : Relationship : Mate - Age difference more than 15 yrs (Hearst 34 years older)
- Family : Relationship : Mate - Noted (William R. Hearst)
- Family : Relationship : Number of Marriages (One)
- Lifestyle : Financial : Wealthy
- Lifestyle : Social Life : Hobbies, games (Supporting college basketball)
- Vocation : Business : Entrepreneur
- Vocation : Business/Marketing : Product Marketing (Household chemicals)
- Vocation : Engineer : Industrial
- Vocation : Entertainment : Actor/ Actress (Minor)
- Vocation : Healing Fields : Social worker
- Notable : Famous : Founder/ originator (Founded UCLA Medical Center)
- Notable : Famous : Newsmaker (Hostess at San Simeon ranch)
- Notable : Book Collection : Profiles Of Women