|Birthname||Daly, Ellen Tyne|
|born on||21 February 1946 at 16:06 (= 4:06 PM )|
|Place||Madison WI, USA, 43n04, 89w24|
|Timezone||CST h6w (is standard time)|
|Astrology data||02°41' 08°59 Asc. 16°21'|
American actress who drifted into her field with stage work, low-budget films and TV guest shots as a natural outcome of having acting parents. From age four she had concluded that she would also be an actress. Her career began with traditional roles, type-casting her in "modern woman" shows with a message, often feminine or other vital issues. In the early '70s she began to guest in a wider range and became a superstar with the popular TV series "Cagney and Lacey"; playing Cagney, one of two female cops.
Daly married Georg Sanford Brown; three daughters born in 1968, 1971 and 1985. He husband directed some of the episodes and played in a few. After C&L concluded in 1988, Daly packed on 40 pounds which did not hamper her talent; she won a Tony for "Gypsy" 1990. Her credits also include an Emmy nomination in 1977 for "Intimate Strangers."
She divorced Brown after 24 years of marriage on 8/03/1990, citing irreconcilable differences. In the petition, Daly asked to have her name restored to Ellen Tyne Daly and to have Brown pay both child and spousal support in a shared-custody agreement over their daughter, Alexandra Beatris. The couple also had two older daughters: Alisabeth and Kathryne. In 1996 she was pictured socially with Clarence Williams, a black actor formerly on Mod Squad.
Daly gained weight in her 50's. At the inception of her golden years, she was carrying 170 pounds on a 5' 9" frame. It did not deter her from starring in the TV drama, "Judging Amy," 2000, where she steals the show as a retired jurist.
- parent->child relationship with Brown, Alexandra (born 1 October 1985)
- child->parent relationship with Daly, James (born 23 October 1918)
- Family : Change in family responsibilities 1968 (First daughter born)
- Family : Change in family responsibilities 1971 (Second daughter born)
- Family : Change in family responsibilities 1985 (Third daughter born)
- Work : Prize 1990 (Tony for Gypsy)
- Relationship : Begin significant relationship 1996 (Started dating Clarence Williams)
B.C. in hand from Kathryn Farmer
- Traits : Body : Weight (Heavy as she matured)
- Family : Relationship : Marriage more than 15 Yrs (24 years)
- Family : Relationship : Mate - Interracial (Black husband, beau)
- Family : Relationship : Mate - Noted (Georg Sanford Brown)
- Family : Relationship : Number of Marriages (One)
- Family : Parenting : Kids 1-3 (Three)
- Vocation : Entertainment : Actor/ Actress (Medium- TV strongest)
- Vocation : Entertainment : Live Stage (Legitimate theater as well as film)
- Vocation : Entertainment : TV series/ Soap star (Cagney and Lacey)
- Notable : Awards : Tony (Gypsy, 1990)
- Notable : Book Collection : Profiles Of Women