|born on||5 January 1923 at 13:00 (= 1:00 PM )|
|Place||Whitestone NY, USA, 40n47, 73w49|
|Timezone||EST h5w (is standard time)|
|Astrology data||14°24' 18°17 Asc. 18°36'|
American astrologer, founder and editor of the very popular and unique "Mercury Hour" 1974-1985, a magazine composed of letters from astrologers to each other. The publication was late to go out only once in its 26 years. Edith was the recipient of the Marc Edmund Jones Award and the Regulus Award for Community Service, 1989, recognizing service above and beyond the call of duty. A long-term board member of NCGR, she operated on the Advisory Board.
Edith was widowed from a long-term marriage to Vin on 3/22/1997. Known for her gruff manner, Edie also had a great sense of humor and a shoot-from-the-hip straightforwardness.
She went into the Charlottesville, VA hospital for a four-hour surgery on 6/16/2000. With a prognosis of abdominal cancer, she rallied briefly the last week and died on 6/28/2000, 2:15 PM EST.
The Mercury Hour issue came out a few days after Edie's death. In the publication, she had announced that it was the last issue.
- spouse relationship with Custer, Vin (born 6 October 1919). Notes: Happy
- (has as) worker relationship with Zuerker, Dorothea R. ("Dot") (born 27 January 1916)
- compare to chart of Astrology: Mercury Hour (born 17 April 1974)
- Work : Prize 1989 (Regulus Award)
LMR quotes her 1978. She later had the time rectified to 1:19 PM from a recorded 1:00 PM. At the time of her death, the rectification was 12:53 PM, or, according to Lorraine Welsh, 12:59 PM.
- Family : Relationship : Number of Marriages (One)
- Family : Relationship : Widowed
- Lifestyle : Home : Neighborhood (Mobile home)
- Vocation : Occult Fields : Astrologer (Pro)
- Vocation : Writers : Astrology (Books, articles)
- Vocation : Writers : Humor
- Vocation : Writers : Publisher/ Editor ("Mercury Hour")
- Notable : Awards : Vocational award (Marc Edmund Jones Award)
- Notable : Famous : Founder/ originator (Founder of Mercury Hour journal)
- Notable : Famous : Top 5% of Profession
- Notable : Book Collection : Profiles Of Women