|Birthname||Maria Grazia Cucinotta|
|born on||27 July 1968 at 06:45 (= 06:45 AM )|
|Place||Messina, Italy, 38n11, 15e34|
|Timezone||MEDT h2e (is daylight saving time)|
|Astrology data||04°12' 24°22 Asc. 13°06'|
Italian actress, a megastar in her native country and little known in North America, seen as the love interest of the postman in the Academy Award winning film "Il Postino."
Maria started working as a model in Milan, during the summer holidays, when she was 16. After completing school, she abandoned modeling and auditioned in Rome for the television program "Indietro Tutta" by Renzo Arbore. She won the part, thus beginning her television career. Meanwhile, she took acting and elocution lessons to lose her Sicilian accent and was taken on by an acting agency. She had better success with advertising auditions than with movies, and found this field a good way to learn technique.
Her role in "Il Postino" in 1994 earned her an Academy Award and megastar status in her native Italy. She began receiving more scripts, and made "The World is Not Enough" (a James Bond film) in 1999, and "Maria Maddalena," "Picking up the Pieces" and "Just One Night," all in 2000. She appeared in an episode of the television show "The Sopranos" in 1999.
She has been married to Guilio Violati since 10/08/1995. She likes to cook in her free time.
- Work : Prize 1994 (Academy Award)
- Work : New Job 1999 (TV appearance)
- Work : Published/ Exhibited/ Released 2000 (Appeared in "Just One Night")
Bordoni quotes B. C. by letter 1995
- Traits : Personality : Persistent (Knows what she wants)
- Lifestyle : Social Life : Hobbies, games (Cooking)
- Vocation : Beauty : Model (Initially)
- Vocation : Entertainment : Actor/ Actress (Noted, film and some TV)
- Notable : Awards : Oscar (One)