|Birthname||Harry Lillis Crosby|
|born on||3 May 1903 at 16:00 (= 4:00 PM )|
|Place||Tacoma, Washington, 47n15, 122w27|
|Timezone||PST h8w (is standard time)|
|Astrology data||12°22' 08°17 Asc. 06°07'|
|Alternative rectified time|
|Rectified by Isaac Starkman|
|Date||3 May 1903 at 16:24:56 (= 4:24 PM )|
|Place||Tacoma, WA (US), 47n15, 122w27|
|Timezone||PST h8w (is standard time)|
|Astrology data||12°23' 08°31 Asc. 10°45'|
American singer who was a world famed crooner for his mellow baritone. His career included 58 movies from 1932-1966, hundreds of radio and TV shows and recordings that eventually sold more than 300 million, making him a multimillionaire and a beloved icon to his public.
Crosby was married twice and had a total of seven kids. He was widowed from Dixie on 1 November 1952. It wasn't until five years later, on 24 October 1957, that he married 30-year-younger Kathryn Grant in Las Vegas.
Donald Shepherd and Robert F. Slatzer's biography, "Bing Crosby, The Hollow Man," published in March 1992, presented a picture that was shocking to Crosby's fans. Under his mellow and relaxed mien, he was described as an indolent, cunning, cruel and irresponsible man who, according to his family, could not be pleased.
Died of a heart attack while playing golf on 14 October 1977, Madrid, Spain.
- parent->child relationship with Crosby, Dennis (born 13 July 1934)
- parent->child relationship with Crosby, Gary (born 27 June 1933)
- parent->child relationship with Crosby, Harry (born 8 August 1958)
- parent->child relationship with Crosby, Lindsay (born 5 January 1938)
- parent->child relationship with Crosby, Mary (born 14 September 1959)
- parent->child relationship with Crosby, Nathaniel (born 29 October 1961)
- parent->child relationship with Crosby, Phillip (born 13 July 1934)
- spouse relationship with Crosby, Kathryn Grant (born 25 November 1933)
- (has as) boss relationship with Whiteman, Paul (born 28 March 1890)
- Family : Change in family responsibilities 1 July 1934 (Twin sons Denis and Philip)
chart Placidus Equal_H.
Judy Wisniewski quotes author Gary Giddins, "Bing Crosby: A Pocketful of Dreams, The Early Years (1903-1940)." On p.30 he states that Bing’s mother Kate delivered Bing, her fourth son on Sunday, May 3, 1903. On p. 31 he mentions that Bing's younger sister, Mary Rose, was born on May 3, 1906. Mary Rose insisted on having the day to herself. Peace prevailed when Harry's (Bing’s) birthday was advanced by twenty-four hours. In
later years Mary Rose would produce the family bible in which their father had assigned May 2nd to Harry.
The dilemma continues on p.30. Kate, who had just turned thirty, and Harry Sr., finally established in the city's middle class, decided that this boy's arrival merited a public announcement. For the first time, they alerted the newspapers of a newborn. When the Daily Ledger failed to print the item in "City news in brief" until May 5, implying with the word ‘yesterday’ that the great event had taken place on May 4, Kate stipulated the correct date for its rival, the Tacoma Daily News. "Mr. and Mrs. H. L. Crosby are receiving congratulations on the arrival of a son at their household May 3 (third) and requested a correction from the ledger, which appeared on May 7." For all the decisiveness with which May 3, 1903, was flagged as Harry Lillis Crosby's birthdate, the date proved controversial in and out of family circles. In all official accounts (generated by Paramount, Decca, the Crosby offices, and most insistently, Bing himself) it was altered by one day and one year to May 2nd, 1904!
Steinbrecher quoted Crosby's British fan club for 5/03/1903, "from baptism" (???)
(Formerly, the data was reported from the biography by Bob Thomas, "Bing," 1977, which read, "Some said 1901, the studio said 1904, Bing just shrugged and went along with it. After his death a parish priest said that his birth records gave May 2, 1903." Various sources gave May 1, May 2, May 3, May 4, 1901, 1902, 1903, 1904.)
The time of 4:00 PM is from Sabian Symbols No.232 (which had 1904).
Starkman rectified to 3 May 1903 16.24.56 PST
- Family : Relationship : Mate - Age difference more than 15 yrs (Second wife 30 years younger)
- Family : Relationship : Number of Marriages (Two)
- Family : Relationship : Widowed
- Family : Parenting : Birthing - Twins, triplets, etc. (Twin sons)
- Family : Parenting : Kids more than 3 (Seven)
- Lifestyle : Financial : Wealthy (Multimillionaire)
- Lifestyle : Social Life : Sports (Avid golf player)
- Vocation : Entertainment : Actor/ Actress (Over 60 films)
- Vocation : Entertain/Music : Vocalist/ Pop, Rock, etc. (Sold millions)
- Notable : Famous : Top 5% of Profession
- Notable : Book Collection : American Book