|Birthname||Gary Evan Crosby|
|born on||27 June 1933 at 20:04 (= 8:04 PM )|
|Place||Los Angeles, California, 34n03, 118w15|
|Timezone||PST h8w (is standard time)|
|Astrology data||06°00' 03°09 Asc. 21°10'|
American actor and noted family, the first of four sons of Bing and Dixie Crosby. He could not please his strict dad who used the weapons of humiliation and restriction, and grew up angry and hostile, a drinker and brawler.
At 15, the summer of 1948, he had his first sex, with a prostitute. He went through diet pills, uppers, downers, bennies and booze by 1953. He battled weight fluctuations for years and related that his dad weighed him once a week and that if he had gained weight, he was ordered to his dad's office for a whipping. His pants would be pulled down and he would be beaten until he bled. He later wrote that he endured the pain by imagining ways in which to kill his father.
After being drafted into the U.S. Army 1956-58, he went into a show business act as a singer. All four boys worked on a nightclub act but they were drinking and carousing and it fell apart by late 1959.
In 1961 Gary married Barbara and became a step-dad to her five-year old boy; they were married 18 years. He married and divorced twice more; one son. His mom died on 11/01/1952, and his dad on 10/14/1977. His reputation as a bad boy and big drinker had started when he was a youth, and in 1967 he admitted to being an alcoholic. He went through years of heavy alcoholism until having a triple heart by-pass and entering rehab.
Gary played as a supporting actor in the TV series "Adam-12," 1968-1975 and had a regular role on "Hunter" in the '80s.
He was the author of an autobiography "Going My Own Way," 1983.
Diagnosed with lung cancer in June 1995, he died 8/24/1995, Burbank, CA.
- parent relationship with Crosby, Bing (born 3 May 1903)
- sibling relationship with Crosby, Dennis (born 13 July 1934)
- sibling relationship with Crosby, Lindsay (born 5 January 1938)
- sibling relationship with Crosby, Phillip (born 13 July 1934)
- Mental Health : Begin Addiction 1953 (Began alcohol and drug abuse)
- Social : Joined group 1956 (U.S. Army)
- Social : Left group 1959 (Brothers entertainment group fell apart)
- Relationship : Marriage 1961 (Barbara)
B.C. in hand from the Wilsons (Same Contemporary American Horoscopes)
- Diagnoses : Major Diseases : Cancer (Lung)
- Diagnoses : Body Part Problems : Heart (Triple bi-pass)
- Diagnoses : Body Part Problems : Surgery (Triple heart by-pass)
- Diagnoses : Psychological : Abuse Alcohol (Heavy)
- Diagnoses : Psychological : Abuse Drugs (Full range of pills)
- Family : Childhood : Abuse - Physical/ Verbal (Dad abusive, critical)
- Family : Childhood : Advantaged (Affluent family)
- Family : Childhood : Family noted (Dad)
- Family : Childhood : Memories Bad
- Family : Childhood : Sibling circumstances (Brother committed suicide)
- Family : Relationship : Marriage more than 15 Yrs (First marriage 18 years)
- Family : Relationship : Number of Divorces (Two)
- Family : Relationship : Number of Marriages (Three)
- Family : Parenting : Foster, Step, or Adopted Kids (One step-daughter)
- Family : Parenting : Kids 1-3 (One son)
- Vocation : Entertainment : Actor/ Actress
- Vocation : Entertainment : Night Club/ Vaudeville (Nightclub act, minor)
- Vocation : Entertainment : TV series/ Soap star (Adam-12)
- Vocation : Entertain/Music : Vocalist/ Pop, Rock, etc.
- Vocation : Military : Military service (U.S. Army)
- Vocation : Writers : Autobiographer (Going My Own Way)
- Notable : Book Collection : Crime Collection