|born on||4 November 1916 at 06:00 (= 06:00 AM )|
|Place||St. Joseph MO, USA, 39n46, 94w50|
|Timezone||CST h6w (is standard time)|
|Astrology data||11°45' 04°37 Asc. 00°44'|
American broadcaster, one of the most respected and reliable newscaster of the era who preceded over CBS coverage of the Presidential nominating conventions from 1952. He was CBS evening news anchor for more than 20 years, a beloved and trusted fixture in American living rooms through the '60s and '70s. Born and raised in the heartland, he had a cheery optimism that mirrored the everyday man, "work hard, play fair, believe in God and country and all will be right with the world." His resonant voice, deep and rich, rumbled forth with a sense of momentousness.
In 1981 he signed off as the CBS Evening News anchor when Dan Rather took over, and left the board of CBS a decade later after an acrimonious dispute. He remained active on the lecture circuit, often in connection with special interests in ecology and wildlife.
Cronkite's autobiography was published in 1996 "A Reporter's Life." He had a knee replaced that year and in March 1997, he had quadruple bypass surgery. He and his wife Betsy had three adult kids, Nancy, Kathy and Walter III.
Betsy, his wife since 1940 died at age 89 on March 15, 2005 in the couple's Manhattan apartment. Cronkite died at age 92 on July 17, 2009 at 7:42 PM EDT in New York.
- Relationship : Marriage 1940 (to Betsy)
- Work : New Job 1952 (Started as a newscaster)
- Work : Published/ Exhibited/ Released 1996 (A Reporter's Life)
Bob Skeetz quotes Carroll Righter for a Scorpio ASC, probably a solar chart. Steinbrecher quotes Cronkite's secretary for the same date, no record of time.Just after Cronkhite's death in July 2009, PT changed the birth date from November 14, 1916 to November 4, 1916 to be consistent with information in his book "A Reporter's Life" and his obituary in the NY Times. November 14 was probably a typo and should have been November 04.
- Traits : Personality : Loved by all
- Traits : Personality : Optimist
- Diagnoses : Body Part Problems : Heart (By-pass surgery)
- Family : Relationship : Marriage more than 15 Yrs
- Family : Relationship : Marriage - Compatible
- Family : Relationship : Widowed
- Personal : Death : Long life more than 80 yrs
- Vocation : Entertainment : News journalist/ Anchor
- Vocation : Writers : Autobiographer (A Reporter's Life)
- Notable : Famous : Top 5% of Profession