|Birthname||Cozzens, James Gould|
|born on||19 August 1903 at 20:15 (= 8:15 PM )|
|Place||Chicago IL, USA, 41n52, 87w39|
|Timezone||CST h6w (is standard time)|
|Astrology data||25°53' 17°15 Asc. 05°57'|
American author of some 16 books and many short stories which include "S.S. San Pedro," 1931, "Guard of Honor," 1948 (which won the Pulitzer prize for fiction, 1949) and "By Love Possessed," 1957. At Harvard University during his sophomore year he published his first novel, "Confusion," 1924, with unexpected success that was so overwhelming that he left school to write. His work is noted for meticulous craftsmanship and character delineation.
Cozzens died 8/09/1978, Stuart, FL.
- Death, Cause unspecified 9 August 1978 (Age 75 in 11 days)
chart Placidus Equal_H.
- Work : Published/ Exhibited/ Released 1924 (First publication)
- Work : Prize 1949 (Pulitzer Prize)
LMR quotes Matthew J. Bruccoli "A Life Apart"
- Notable : Awards : Pulitzer prize (1949)
- Vocation : Writers : Fiction (16 books)
- Notable : Book Collection : Culture Collection
- Lifestyle : Financial : Gain - Financial success in field