Cowell, Henry Dixon
|born on||11 March 1897 at 08:00 (= 08:00 AM )|
|Place||Menlo Park CA, USA, 37n27, 122w10|
|Timezone||PST h8w (is standard time)|
|Astrology data||21°22' 21°37 Asc. 27°40'|
American pianist and pioneer composer with early experiments in sound and form of 20th century music. He composed from age 11, and performed in the U.S. and Europe. He wrote, founded and edited music magazine's and books that include "New Musical Resources," 1919. As a homosexual, he was jailed once in the mid-1930s.
Cowell died 12/10/1965, Shady, NY.
- Death, Cause unspecified 10 December 1965 (Age 68)
chart Placidus Equal_H.
- Work : Published/ Exhibited/ Released 1919 ('New Musical Resources")
Rudhyar quotes him
- Vocation : Business : Top executive (CEO)
- Vocation : Business/Marketing : Product Marketing (Chemical and materials production)
- Lifestyle : Social Life : Outdoors (Sailing)
- Lifestyle : Social Life : Collector (Old cars)
- Vocation : Writers : Publisher/ Editor (Edited music magazine)
- Vocation : Writers : Textbook/ Non-fiction
- Passions : Sexuality : Homosexual male
- Notable : Book Collection : Culture Collection
- Vocation : Entertain/Music : Composer/ Arranger (Debut at 11)
- Lifestyle : Work : Travel for work (Tours)
- Passions : Criminal Perpetrator : Prison sentence (Once for homosexuality)