|Birthname||Clyde Grace Corrigan|
|born on||22 January 1907 at 06:00 (= 06:00 AM )|
|Place||Galveston, Texas, 29n18, 94w48|
|Timezone||CST h6w (is standard time)|
|Astrology data||01°20' 14°02 Asc. 11°09'|
American pilot known as "Wrong Way Corrigan" due to the fact that he flew in the wrong direction and arrived in Ireland on 17 July 1938. He had left Brooklyn headed for California, but flew east instead of west for a 27-hour flight. For his misadventure, he earned about $85,000 in the form of lecture fees, articles and a movie, The Flying Irishman, 1939. His "accidental" flight made aviation history, but he is the only one who really knows if it was a fantastic feat or a monumental blunder.
Corrigan had a rickety Curtis Robin single-seater that he bought for $325. His 1936 application to fly to Ireland was refused by U.S. authorities because his plane was so decrepit, and he now quips, "They told me to get lost. So I did."
The money from the 1939 movie (in which he played himself) paid him enough to buy an orange grove in Santa Ana, California, where he lived until his death. After Roy, the youngest of his three sons, died in a plane crash, Douglas eventually gave up flying.
Corrigan died on 9 December 1995, Orange, California.
- Work : Published/ Exhibited/ Released 1939 ("The Flying Irishman")
- Financial : Gain significant money 1939 (Proceeds from movie, lectures and articles)
- Financial : Buy/Sell Property 1939 (Used proceeds to buy orange grove)
On 25 Feb 2016 Sy Scholfield submitted birth certificate (filed late on 31 January 1942) recording time of birth as "app. 6 A.M." , and the original BC for Clyde Grace Corrigan which has no time.
Previously this entry had 2am: Wynn quotes him, 10/08. Church of Light quotes Rising Star magazine for 1:54 AM from him, probably rectified
- Family : Parenting : Kids 1-3 (Three sons)
- Family : Parenting : Kids -Traumatic event (Youngest son killed in flying accident)
- Personal : Death : Long life more than 80 yrs (Age 88)
- Vocation : Business : Business owner (Orange groves)
- Vocation : Education : Public speaker (Lecturer)
- Vocation : Travel : Pilot/ private
- Vocation : Writers : Magazine/ newsletter
- Vocation : Misc. : Farmer/ Rancher (Orange groves)
- Notable : Famous : Newsmaker (Flew in wrong direction)
- Notable : Book Collection : American Book