|Birthname||Corot, Jean Baptiste Camille|
|born on||16 July 1796 at 01:30 (= 01:30 AM )|
|Place||Paris, France, 48n52, 2e20|
|Timezone||LMT m2e20 (is local mean time)|
|Astrology data||24°06' 10°25 Asc. 17°02'|
French artist, a landscape and figure painter who was known to be an excellent portraitist. The son of a prosperous draper, he was educated at boarding schools in Rouen and Poissy and studied art against his parents wishes in Italy from 1825-1828. With a small pension, he managed to travel a good deal and went through three major changes of style in his painting.
In 1846, his reputation increasing, he received the cross of the Legion of Honor, made an officer in 1867 and made a position on the Salon jury in 1849. During his periods when his gout made it impossible to travel, Corot executed a series of figure paintings. His second jury position at Salon was made in 1870.
Corot died on 22 February 1875, Paris, France.
- Financial : Inherited money 1822 (Received an allowance to devote his studies of painting)
- Social : Begin a program of study 1825 (Studied in Italy)
- Social : End a program of study 1828 (Completed studies in Italy)
- Work : Published/ Exhibited/ Released 1840 (His first historical landscape released)
- Work : Prize 1846 (Cross of the Legion of Honor)
- Financial : Buy/Sell Property 1855 (Napoleon III purchased one of his painting)
- Work : Prize 1867 (Officer of Legion of Honor)
Gauquelin Vol. 4/250
Sy Scholfield cites same data from birth certificate quoted in "Corot, 1796-1875: expositions Paris, Galeries nationales du Grand Palais, 28 février-27 mai 1996" by Michael Pantazzi et al (Réunion des musées nationaux, 1996), p. 66: "Du vingt huit messidor de l'an 4 de la République, naissance de J.B.C. du sexe masculin, né ce jour d'huy, a une heure trente du matin."
- Diagnoses : Body Part Problems : Circulatory problems (Gout, curtailed some of his travels)
- Lifestyle : Financial : Gain - Inheritance (Received small allowance from dad)
- Vocation : Art : Fine art artist (Painting, landscape and figure)
- Notable : Awards : Vocational award (Legion of Honor)
- Notable : Book Collection : American Book