|Birthname||Armando Anthony Corea|
|born on||12 June 1941 at 12:40 (= 12:40 PM )|
|Place||Chelsea, Massachusetts, 42n24, 71w02|
|Timezone||EDT h4w (is daylight saving time)|
|Astrology data||21°18' 04°01 Asc. 21°52'|
American jazz musician, Corea was playing piano by age four. His parents filled their home with the music of jazz greats and the classics, and Chick was infused with great music from childhood. In 1964, he had his first professional stint with trumpeter Blue Mitchell, a partnership which lasted until 1966. He spent a year accompanying Sarah Vaughan and subsequently joined Miles Davis’ band playing electric piano. After that he formed his own avant-garde improv group named Circle, but in 1971, after three years of the group, he changed his focus to a softer, samba-flavored sound. In the mid 80s he formed the Elektric Band. In 1992, he formed a recording company called Stretch Records, a label named for its commitment to stretching musical boundaries. In 1996, Stretch Records became a subsidiary of Concord Records, and Chick has recorded much of his later music on this label.
He won his first Grammy award in 1975, followed by Grammy Awards in 1976, two in 1978, another in 1979 and 1981. In 1977, his Latin-element album, "My Spanish Heart" sold 170,000 copies, an unprecedented number at that time for a jazz recording. His music has developed from jazz to jazz-rock to fusion and he has played with many jazz greats including Herbie Hancock.
Corea met his second wife Gayle Moran in the 70s when she began her musical collaboration with him. He has two children, Thaddeus and Liana by his first wife.
His release “The Ultimate Adventure” earned him a 2007 Grammy for Best Jazz Instrumental Album and his “Three Ghouls” took the Best Instrumental Arrangement award.
- associate relationship with Braxton, Anthony (born 4 June 1945). Notes: Musical collaboration
- associate relationship with Ceccarelli, André (born 5 January 1946)
- associate relationship with Coryell, Larry (born 2 April 1943)
- associate relationship with Davis, Miles (born 26 May 1926)
- associate relationship with de Lucia, Paco (born 21 December 1947). Notes: Recording collaboration
- associate relationship with Di Meola, Al (born 22 July 1954)
- associate relationship with Hancock, Herbie (born 12 April 1940)
- associate relationship with Haynes, Roy (born 13 March 1925)
- associate relationship with Scofield, John (born 26 December 1951)
- Work : New Career 1964 (began playing professionally)
- Work : Begin Major Project 1968 (formed improvisational music band)
- Work : Start Business 1992 (started Stretch Records)
PT quotes birth certificate
- Traits : Personality : Creative
- Family : Relationship : Marriage more than 15 Yrs
- Family : Parenting : Kids 1-3
- Vocation : Entertain/Music : Composer/ Arranger
- Vocation : Entertain/Music : Jazz
- Notable : Awards : Grammy