|born on||3 June 1911 at 18:30 (= 6:30 PM )|
|Place||Racine WI, USA, 42n43, 87w46|
|Timezone||CST h6w (is standard time)|
|Astrology data||12°17' 13°31 Asc. 02°42'|
American character actress, onscreen from 1933. She specialized in roles such as the nosey neighbor or prim spinster. Her work includes "I Remember Mama," 1948, for which she was nominated for an Academy Award and "Madame Bovary," 1949, up to "Visit to a Small Planet," 1960. From 1972 to 1979 she appeared as a regular in the TV series, "The Waltons" winning three Emmy Awards for her performance as the grandmother.
She died 4/14/99 at the Motion Picture & Television hospital in Woodland Hills, CA of natural causes at age 87 according to these sources.
- Work : New Career 1933 (Movie debut)
- Work : Published/ Exhibited/ Released 1948 (Appeared in "I Remember Mama")
- Work : Published/ Exhibited/ Released 1960 (Appeared in "Visit to a Small Planet")
- Work : Begin Major Project 1972 (Began appearing on "The Waltons," seven years)
Steinbrecher quotes B.C.
- Vocation : Entertainment : Actor/ Actress (Movie and TV)
- Vocation : Entertainment : TV series/ Soap star ("The Waltons")
- Notable : Awards : Emmy (Three)
- Personal : Death : Long life more than 80 yrs