|born on||14 February 1955 at 10:00 (= 10:00 AM )|
|Place||Arlington VA, USA, 38n53, 77w07|
|Timezone||EST h5w (is standard time)|
|Astrology data||25°09' 23°03 Asc. 04°53'|
American novelist, author of "Ready to Fall " (2000), "Must Love Dogs" (2002) and "Multiple Choice" (2004). "Must Love Dogs" won praise and was a Barnes and Noble Discover Great New Writers Pick, a Book Sense 76 top ten fiction pick and a national bestseller. It is due to be made into a movie. Cook has been invited to be a judge for a 2004 Thurber Prize for Humor in American Literature.
She wrote her first novel in her Ford Windstar while waiting for her daughter at swim practice at 5 AM. She is a former physical fitness teacher, with previous jobs as a copywriter for a shoe company and continuity director of a radio station. Multi-talented, she has designed perennial gardens, choreographed dances and aerobics routines and produced an exercise video for children. She and her husband have two children and a dog.
In mid-July a movie based on "Must Love Dogs" and starring John Cusack and Diane Lane, was released.
- Work : Published/ Exhibited/ Released 2000 (first novel published)
- Work : Published/ Exhibited/ Released 2002 (second novel "Must Love Dogs")
- Work : Published/ Exhibited/ Released 2004 (third novel)
She writes to PT via e-mail on 1/2/2004: " I was born on February 14, 1955 in Arlington, VA. I think about 10 AM but that part is from memory -- the rest from a birth certificate"
- Vocation : Writers : Fiction
- Vocation : Education : Teacher (physical fitness)
- Family : Parenting : Kids 1-3 (two)
- Traits : Body : Aerobic exercise (exercise video)