|Birthname||Anthony Robert McMillan|
|born on||31 March 1950 at 03:00 (= 03:00 AM )|
|Place||Glasgow, Scotland, 55n53, 4w15|
|Timezone||GMT h0e (is standard time)|
|Astrology data||09°50' 02°21 Asc. 08°45'|
Scottish actor and comedian, the star of the much acclaimed TV mystery-drama series "Cracker."
During the 1970s, Coltrane rose to prominence as an improvisational nightclub comedian, usually working in ensemble. In films since 1979, Coltrane gained an American following with his antic performances in "Nuns on the Run" in 1990 and "The Pope Must Die" in 1991. In 1993, Coltrane launched the British TV detective series "Cracker," in which he essayed the dramatic role of a volcanic, neurosis-ridden detective. The American A&E cable service broadcast of "Cracker" earned Coltrane a "Cable Ace Award" in 1994. He also won a Best Actor award from the British Academy of Film and Television Arts in 1995 and 1996 for his work on "Cracker." However, Coltrane quit the series in 1996, partly so that he would not be type-cast and partly because he said he'd "seen other shows which have gone on and on and it didn't help them." Re-runs of the series can still be seen on A&E and Showcase in Canada.
A car enthusiast, in 1997 Coltrane hosted a TV series called "Coltrane's Planes and Automobiles." He appeared as Tweedle Dum in the February 1999 NBC-TV production of Alice in Wonderland with other big name performers and he starred in the Bond movie, "The World is Not Enough," released in November 1999.
At the end of 2001, he was seen in the release of the Harry Potter movie, playing the gentle giant.
- Work : New Career 1979 (Film debut)
- Work : Begin Major Project 1993 (TV series, "Cracker")
- Work : Prize 1994 (Cable Ace Award)
- Work : Prize 1995 (Best Actor, British Academy of Film and TV)
- Work : Published/ Exhibited/ Released November 1999 (Appeared in "The World is Not Enough")
chart Placidus Equal_H.
Caroline Gerard quotes B.C. in AA Newsletter 5/1996 (born in Strathbungo, Glasgow; L&L precise)
- Lifestyle : Social Life : Collector (Car enthusiast)
- Vocation : Entertainment : Actor/ Actress (TV and film)
- Vocation : Entertainment : Comedy
- Vocation : Entertainment : Night Club/ Vaudeville (Improv and nightclub acts)
- Vocation : Entertainment : TV series/ Soap star ("Cracker")
- Notable : Awards : Oscar (British Best Actor Award)
- Notable : Awards : Vocational award (Numerous)