Colt (actor), Samuel
|Birthname||Samuel Peabody Colt|
|born on||28 November 1909 at 23:00 (= 11:00 PM )|
|Place||New York, New York, 40n43, 74w0|
|Timezone||EST h5w (is standard time)|
|Astrology data||06°19' 00°20 Asc. 01°05'|
American actor and noted family, the son of famous actress Ethel Barrymore and her husband, Russell Griswold Colt, a New York stockbroker. Colt's extended family included his uncles, the illustrious actors John and Lionel Barrymore, a great-uncle, Samuel Colt who invented the revolver, and grandfather, Samuel Pomeroy Colt, founder of the United States Rubber Company and attorney general of Rhode Island
He himself had a brief career on stage. In 1956, he acted with his mother in "Eloise," a production of TV's Playhouse 90.
He married Eleanore Phillips, a magazine editor, in 1981 and died in August 1986 at age 74 in Beverly Hills, CA.
- child->parent relationship with Barrymore, Ethel (born 15 August 1879)
- other kin relationship with Colt, Samuel (born 19 July 1814). Notes: great- grandson
- Relationship : Marriage 1981 (Eleanore Phillips)
Sy Scholfield quotes New York Times article, "Ethel Barrymore a Mother; Boy Born to Actress Who Married Russell G. Colt Last March," November 30, 1909, p.9
- Family : Childhood : Family noted (Barrymore and Colt families)
- Family : Relationship : Married late/never (Married late)
- Family : Parenting : Kids none