|born on||19 July 1814|
|Place||Hartford, Connecticut, 41n46, 72w41|
|Timezone||LMT m72w41 (is local mean time)|
|Astrology data||26°17' or|
American inventor and industrialist. He founded Colt's Patent Fire-Arms Manufacturing Company (today,Colt's Manufacturing Company), and made the mass production of the revolver commercially viable.
Colt's first two business ventures — producing firearms in Paterson, New Jersey, and making underwater mines — ended in disappointment. But his business expanded rapidly after 1847, when the Texas Rangers ordered 1,000 revolvers during the American war with Mexico. During the American Civil War, his factory in Hartford supplied sidearms to both the North and the South. Later, his firearms were prominent during the settling of the western frontier.
Colt died on 10 January 1862 as one of the wealthiest men in America.
- other kin relationship with Colt (actor), Samuel (born 28 November 1909)
- compare to chart of Historic:The Great Exhibition of 1851 (born 1 May 1851)
Birth time unknown. Starkman rectified it to 1.59.55 LMT
- Diagnoses : Major Diseases : Other Major diseases (Gout)
- Lifestyle : Financial : Gain - Financial success in field
- Lifestyle : Financial : Wealthy
- Vocation : Business : Business owner
- Vocation : Business : Other Business (industrialist)
- Notable : Famous : Founder/ originator (The colt revolver)