|born on||1 November 1972 at 11:14 (= 11:14 AM )|
|Place||Sydney, Australia, 33s52, 151e13|
|Timezone||AEDT h11e (is daylight saving time)|
|Astrology data||08°40' 12°17 Asc. 27°40'|
Australian actress, seen in "Muriel's Wedding" and "Sixth Sense," 1999.
The eldest of three siblings, with two younger brothers, she was a tomboy and a bit of a rebel when young. She found acting at age 14, when she was cast in a school performance of Godspell. Two years later she convinced her parents to let her enroll in the National Institute of Dramatic Arts but after 18 months of the three-year program, she dropped out. Just afterwards, she managed to land her first part in a movie, "Spotswood." The cast included Anthony Hopkins and Russell Crowe with whom she has had an enduring friendship. Live stage beckoned and she joined the Sydney Theatre Company. In 1992, she won a critics' circle award as Best Newcomer for her performance as Sonya in Chekhov's "Uncle Vanya." That year she won the lead in the film, "Muriel's Wedding," putting on 40 pounds for the role. While she stayed in Australia for her next two roles, Hollywood ultimately called, and she had a minor role in "The Pallbearer" and then landed a part in "Emma." Though she was kept very busy in movies, it wasn’t until she played the mother of the young boy in "Sixth Sense" that her name and face became really well known to American audiences.
In January 2003 she married Dave Galafassi. Their first child, a girl named Sage Florence, was born in Sydney, January 9, 2008.
- associate relationship with Meyers, Jonathan Rhys (born 27 July 1977). Notes: Co-star in "Velvet Goldmine," 1998
- Work : Prize 1992 (Critics Circle Award as Best Newcomer in "Uncle Vanya.")
- Work : Published/ Exhibited/ Released 1999 (Appeared in "Muriel's Wedding")
- Work : Published/ Exhibited/ Released 1999 (Appeared in "Sixth Sense")
- Work : Great Achievement 26 March 2000 in Los Angeles (Lost Best Supporting Actress Academy Award for "Sixth Sense" to Angelina Jolie)
chart Placidus Equal_H.
- Family : Change in family responsibilities 9 January 2003 (First child, a daughter named Sage)
chart Placidus Equal_H.
Shelley Ackerman quotes her in August 1999
- Family : Childhood : Family close
- Family : Childhood : Order of birth (Oldest of three)
- Vocation : Entertainment : Actor/ Actress