|born on||14 April 1941 at 12:00 (= 12:00 noon )|
|Place||Shillong, India, 25n34, 91e53|
|Timezone||LMT m91e53 (is local mean time)|
|Astrology data||23°54' 27°21 Asc. 29°57'|
British actress born in India, educated in Paris and stage actress in London, 1948. She won an American Oscar for "Darling," 1966. It was one of several films made with her lover at the time, Warren Beatty. A feminist, she later included directing as one of the ways to break through the barriers she felt were imposed upon her by society.
She married Duncan Campbell, a correspondent for "The Guardian" in India, in late 2007. Campbell and Christie had been together for 30 years before their reported marriage.
- associate relationship with Vilallonga, Jose Luis de (born 29 January 1920). Notes: Co-star in "Darling," 1965
- lover relationship with Beatty, Warren (born 30 March 1937)
- Work : New Career 1948 (Started on stage in London)
- Work : Prize 1966 (Won Oscar for Darling)
- Relationship : Marriage 2007 (Married Duncan Campbell)
Frank C. Clifford quotes her letter 4/l995, "No idea of birth time." Marc Penfield gave same date, 10:00 AM IST as "personal" in Penfield Collection.
Julia and Derek Parker gives 11:30 PM IST, no source.
(1940 and Chukua also given.)
Sy Scholfield quotes the Times (18 April 1940, p. 1) for her birth data as "15th April 1940 in Chubwa, Assam: to Rosemary (nee Ramsden), wife of Frank Sr. J. Christie - a daughter (Julie)."
Sy writes, "I can't find Chubwa (a.k.a. Chubua) of Upper Assam in my atlases, but understand it is near Dibrugarh (94e54,27n29), at least according to
- Vocation : Entertainment : Actor/ Actress
- Notable : Awards : Oscar (1966)
- Notable : Book Collection : Profiles Of Women