|Birthname||Melanie Jayne Chisholm|
|born on||12 January 1974 at 21:32 (= 9:32 PM )|
|Place||Widnes, England, 53n22, 2w44|
|Timezone||GMT h0e (is standard time)|
|Astrology data||22°19' 22°36 Asc. 17°48'|
English singer-songwriter and actress better known as Melanie C or Mel C. She is one of the five members of the Spice Girls, in which she was nicknamed Sporty Spice. The five girls were selected from auditions on 3/04/1994. Prior to her big break, Sporty had sang in stage musicals. She is the daughter of show biz folks; her dad managed a tour and her mom had a cabaret act. An athletic young girl, Chisholm liked soccer and karat and took on the persona of a tracksuit-clad, back-flipping member of the group. At age 16, she set her sights on a dance career, and was accepted at the Doreen Bird Dance School in Sidcup, Kent. There she exhibited strong technical skills, worked hard and achieved good grades; upon her graduation, she was set to take her love of dance into the professional realm. She auditioned for the part of Rumpleteazer in the musical "Cats," but didn’t get the role. An ad in a trade magazine changed the direction of her life, and she was soon performing, recording hits and touring the world as one of The Spice Girls.
The 5'6" hazel-eyed Chisholm, whose sultry voice made her stand out from the other Spice Girls, works hard to keep toned and fit and doesn’t smoke. Usually described as likeable, quiet and down-to-earth, she changed after joining the band. She had her nose pierced, got a tooth capped in gold and got tattoos on her arms and lower back.
While reveling in the fame she attained as part of the group, she pursued her solo career as well. In 1998, she collaborated with Bryan Adams on "When You’re Gone," and later released her first solo single, "Goin’ Down," which hit number four on the charts in 1999. A self-described workaholic, Chisholm, talking about juggling two careers, said, "It will be hectic, but I like hectic. But I’ve got something else to prove, which is why I’m so determined to see my solo stuff work." She announced in 2001 that she did not want to be part of the Spice Girls any more. She has another solo LP scheduled for May 2001.
Chisholm was in a relationship with property developer Thomas Starr. On 22 February 2009, Chisholm gave birth to her daughter Scarlet at the Portland Hospital in London.
- associate relationship with Lopes, Lisa (born 27 May 1971). Notes: collaborators
- business associate/partner relationship with Beckham, Victoria (born 17 April 1974). Notes: Band mates in the Spice Girls
- business associate/partner relationship with Bunton, Emma (born 21 January 1976). Notes: members of Spice Girls
- business associate/partner relationship with Halliwell, Geri (born 6 August 1972). Notes: Band mates in the Spice Girls
- business associate/partner relationship with Mel B (born 29 May 1975). Notes: Members of The Spice Girls
- parent->child relationship with Starr, Scarlett (born 22 February 2009)
- Work : Published/ Exhibited/ Released 1998 ("When You're Gone" with Bryan Adams)
- Work : Published/ Exhibited/ Released 1999 ("Goin' Down")
- Social : Left group 2001 (Left Spice Girls)
- Family : Change in family responsibilities 22 February 2009 at 4:10 PM in London, England (Birth of daughter Scarlett)
chart Placidus Equal_H.
David Fisher quotes reporter Jonathan Cainer in The Express, given in Transit 5/2000
- Traits : Body : Aerobic exercise
- Traits : Body : Voice/Speech (Sultry)
- Traits : Personality : Active (Athletic)
- Traits : Personality : Hard worker (Workaholic)
- Diagnoses : Psychological : ADHD
- Diagnoses : Psychological : Depression
- Diagnoses : Psychological : Eating Disorder (Bulimia)
- Family : Childhood : Parents divorced
- Family : Childhood : Sibling circumstances (younger half-brother, Paul O'Neill, a racing driver)
- Family : Parenting : Kids 1-3
- Lifestyle : Work : Work alone/ Singular role (solo music career)
- Lifestyle : Work : Work in team/ Tandem (Music group)
- Vocation : Entertainment : Actor/ Actress
- Vocation : Entertainment : Live Stage (performer)
- Vocation : Entertainment : TV host/ Personality
- Vocation : Entertain/Music : Group/ Duo (Spice Girls)
- Vocation : Entertain/Music : Song writer
- Vocation : Entertain/Music : Vocalist/ Pop, Rock, etc.