Carl XII, King of Sweden
|born on||17 June 1682 Jul.Cal. (27 June 1682 greg.) at 06:45 (= 06:45 AM )|
|Place||Stockholm, Sweden, 59n20, 18e03|
|Timezone||LMT m18e03 (is local mean time)|
|Astrology data||05°43' 25°09 Asc. 14°27'|
Swedish royalty, the only surviving son of Carl (Charles) XI and Ulrica Leonora (daughter of Frederick III of Denmark). Charles had a happy childhood and after his mom died in 1693, remained close to his dad. A warrior and a diplomat, he was also interested in architecture, painting, poetry and philosophy; a complex character who worked toward domestic reform.
A bachelor soldier, he had no family, an absolute monarch from 1697 to 1718 during the Great Northern War. He died at 36 from being shot through the head by an enemy bullet, 30 November 1718 NS, Fredrikshald, Norway.
- child->parent relationship with Carl XI, King of Sweden (born 24 November 1655 Jul.Cal. (4 Dec 1655 greg.))
- sibling relationship with Hedvig Sophia, Princess of Sweden (born 26 June 1681 Jul.Cal. (6 July 1681 greg.))
- sibling relationship with Ulrika Eleonora, Queen of Sweden (born 23 January 1688 Jul.Cal. (2 Feb 1688 greg.))
- Death of Mother 1693
- Work : Gain social status 1697 (Crowned King of Sweden, 21 years)
- Death by Homicide 30 November 1718 Jul.Cal. (11 Dec 1718 greg.) at 12:00 noon in Halden (Shot thru head, age 36)
chart Placidus Equal_H.
Sy Scholfield quotes "One year in Sweden; including a visit to the isle of Götland" by Horace Marryat (London: Murray, 1862), p. 484: "Charles XI. notes down, '17th June, 1682, as was a Saturday, three quarters before seven, was my wife taken ill, and bore a son.' . . . And he dates these entries 'Stockholm'"
Original source notes (data rated B): Steinbrecher quotes the Astrology Magazine of India 3/1971, "birth time given in a recently published biography by R.M. Hatton." (June 17 OS)
Scholfield checked the source: "Charles XII of Sweden" by Ragnhild Marie Hatton (Weybright and Talley, 1968), p. 24: "On 17 June came the great news. Warwick wrote on that day to the Earl of Conway . . . 'the birth of a young Prince who came into this cold climatt [sic] this morning at three quarters past six.'"
- Family : Childhood : Family supportive (Close to dad)
- Family : Relationship : Married late/never (Never)
- Passions : Criminal Victim : Homicide victim (Shot thru head)
- Notable : Famous : Royal family (Sweden)