|Birthname||Tula Ellice Finklea|
|born on||8 March 1922 at 04:30 (= 04:30 AM )|
|Place||Amarillo, Texas, 35n13, 101w50|
|Timezone||CST h6w (is standard time)|
|Astrology data||17°05' 07°35 Asc. 23°03'|
American dancer who began her career in ballet with the Ballet Russe. In Hollywood, she married Nico Charisse 8/12/1939 and they opened a dance school. From 1943 she appeared in small film roles, a number of musicals and frequent dance cameos. As her reputation grew, she was memorable as one of the great dancers in such films as "Brigadoon," 1954 and "Silk Stockings," 1957.
Tula Ellice Finklea started ballet lessons at eight in Amarillo, Texas. She became Cyd because her brother could not pronounce Sis. At 13, she began studying with dancer Nico Charisse in Los Angeles, which led to her acceptance in the Ballet Russe. At 17, she married Nico. For several years she danced in Europe until MGM producer Arthur Freed offered her a contract. She worked as a background dancer until 1952 when she starred with Gene Kelly in "Singin' in the Rain." After divorcing Nico in 1944, she played the field for a while, including dates with Howard Hughes, before marrying Tony Martin on 5/15/1948. She had one son with each of her marriages, Nicky on 5/07/1942, and Tony Jr. on 8/28/1950.
Musicals went out of style, but Charisse kept busy in other films and performing in clubs with her husband. She maintained her disciplined lifestyle, and by the age of 73 she is still gorgeous and able to kick above her waist during her work-out class a couple times a week.
She died on June 17, 2008 in Los Angeles after an apparent heart attack. She was 86.
- parent->child relationship with Charisse, Nicky (born 7 May 1942)
- parent->child relationship with Martin, Tony Jr. (born 28 August 1950)
- spouse relationship with Martin, Tony (born 25 December 1913)
- Work : New Career 1943 (Debut in minor film roles)
- Relationship : Divorce dates 1944 (Nico Charisse)
- Work : Gain social status 1952 (Career became noted)
B.R. in hand from Steinbrecher
- Traits : Body : Aerobic exercise (Still in condition, teaching at age 73)
- Traits : Body : Appearance gorgeous
- Diagnoses : Major Diseases : Heart disease/attack (Fatal)
- Family : Relationship : Marriage more than 15 Yrs (First marriage 25 years, divorced)
- Family : Relationship : Mate - Noted (Nico Charisse, Tony Martin)
- Family : Relationship : Number of Marriages (Two)
- Family : Parenting : Kids 1-3 (Two)
- Personal : Death : Long life more than 80 yrs
- Personal : Misc. : Changed name (Started Cyd as a nickname)
- Vocation : Entertainment : Actor/ Actress
- Vocation : Entertainment : Night Club/ Vaudeville (Club act, dance show)
- Vocation : Entertain/Music : Dancer/ Teacher (Ballet)
- Notable : Extraordinary Talents : For Gross motor control (Famous dancer)
- Notable : Famous : Top 5% of Profession
- Notable : Book Collection : Occult/ Misc. Collection