|Birthname||Michael Depei Chang|
|born on||22 February 1972 at 13:30 (= 1:30 PM )|
|Place||Hoboken, New Jersey, 40n45, 74w02|
|Timezone||EST h5w (is standard time)|
|Astrology data||03°15' 16°44 Asc. 14°59'|
Chinese-American, at age 17 the youngest man to ever win the French Open, fast-rising young star on men's pro tennis circuit. He turned pro a month before his 16th birthday.
Raised in a supportive family, Michael and his older brother Carl learned tennis from their dad, a polymer chemist. Both parents are Chinese immigrants; they relocated to California so the boys could play year-round. In 1985, they refinanced their house in San Diego to pay for lessons and travel to tennis meets. When Michael turned pro, his mom, also a chemist, quit her job to travel with him. Joe Chang acted as his son's coach, analyzing his moves as well as his opponents with scientific rigor. All decisions were made by the family council.
In 1988, Michael picked up a bible and became captivated by what he read. "Now I know I'm here for a purpose that God wants me to fulfill," he said," Since 1992, his Tennis Stars of the Future program in Hong Kong has provided kids with equipment and coaching, a model for the similar program he launched in southern California. A strong family man with a firm religious base, he gives motivational talks. As a hobby, he loves fishing.
The No.2 ranked tennis player had dropped to No. 41 in early spring of 2000 due to wrist and stomach injuries. He still plans to play in major matches while he recovers from his injuries.
- Misc. : Mystical Experience 1988 (Read Bible, epiphany)
- Social : Joined group 1992 (Formed the group, Tennis Stars of the Future, kids program)
- Work : Lose social status 2000 (Dropped from No2 to No 41 from injuries)
B.C. in hand from Eugene Moore 7/l990
- Traits : Personality : Principled strongly (Religious base to integrity)
- Family : Childhood : Family extraordinarily supportive
- Family : Childhood : Order of birth (Second of two boys)
- Lifestyle : Social Life : Family (Strong family man)
- Personal : Religion/Spirituality : Western (Active Christian)
- Vocation : Politics : Activist/ social (Provides sports program for kids)
- Vocation : Sports : Tennis (Youngest champ at 17)
- Notable : Awards : Vocational award (Youngest man to win the French Open)