|born on||27 October 1913 at 06:30 (= 06:30 AM )|
|Place||La Porte IN, USA, 41n36, 86w43|
|Timezone||CST h6w (is standard time)|
|Astrology data||03°29' 04°28 Asc. 06°01'|
American Spiritualist Reverend, a billet reader and medium, the founder of "Astara" with his wife Earlyne when they relocated from Indiana to California. In 1976 they moved from a decaying area in Los Angeles to Upland, where Astarahas been headquartered ever since. Their teachings centered on healing, holistic health practices and opening one's mind to new ideas, now called "New Age." During the '90s, they claimed 90,000 members in some 90 countries, combining religion and metaphysics, promoting such ideas as ESP, healing energies, angels and clairvoyance.
At a robust 86, Robert, widowed from Earlyne, jokes that Astara is unique as "we're not fighting with anyone."
Robert grew up in Indiana and Michigan with little concern about religion. When his dad became interested in metaphysics, the boy followed along. During the '40s, he was a newspaper stringer, then a traveling salesman when he met Earlyne at Camp Chesterfield in Indiana, a metaphysical retreat. She was an actress, a beautiful girl with film credits who was looking for more depth in life. They married in 1946 and founded Astara, a word in mythology that means "toward the light." When people began requesting copies of Robert's sermons, Earlyne began taping, editing and reproducing them. During the '50s and '60s, Robert had a Sunday morning radio program. Earlyne died in 1996.
Astarians pay $20 for a lifetime membership and are free to purchase the 180 "life lessons" written by the Chaney's at their own pace. Their philosophy centers on positive thinking, meditation and a sense that humans have vast, often untapped, mental powers. Astara has 15 employees and Chaney is one of four ministers. They also organize trips to such locations as Stonehenge in England and Pacchu Picchu in the Peruvian Andes Mountains.
- spouse relationship with Chaney, Earlyne (born 1 December 1916). Notes: Happy
- Relationship : Marriage 1946 (Earlyne)
Linda Clark quotes him
- Family : Relationship : Marriage more than 15 Yrs (Long term)
- Family : Relationship : Mate - Noted (Earlyne Chaney)
- Lifestyle : Work : Work in team/ Tandem (With wife Earlyne)
- Vocation : Occult Fields : Psychic/ Medium/ Spiritualist (Billet reader, medium)
- Notable : Book Collection : Occult/ Misc. Collection
- Notable : Famous : Founder/ originator (Founder of Astara)
- Personal : Religion/Spirituality : Spiritualist (Minister at spiritualist church)