|born on||19 January 1920 at 15:45 (= 3:45 PM )|
|Place||Ferrara, Italy, 44n50, 11e35|
|Timezone||MET h1e (is standard time)|
|Astrology data||28°15' 10°08 Asc. 13°56'|
Italian composer, artistic director of La Scala at Milan 1968 - 1972. Chailly is educated extensively with a diploma in violin and composition plus a degree in letters. For 17 years he worked as director of radio-television musical programs, taught at the Verdi Conservatory and was the artistic director of La Scala, Verona, Milan, and, from 1983, the superintendent of Teatro alla Scala. He has been a professor for the University Institute of Musical Palaeography, and the G. Verdi Conservatory, as well as composing over 13 operas. Chailly has received four awards of the Gold Medal from the President of the Italian Republic for his contributions to School, Culture and Art.
Chailly was married to Annamaria Motta with three kids, and he enjoyed tennis, skiing and stamp collecting. His daughter Cecilia Chailly is a harpist and composer, his son Ricardo a conductor.
He died on 24 December 2002 in Milan, Italy.
- parent->child relationship with Chailly, Cecilia (born 2 February 1960)
- parent->child relationship with Chailly, Ricardo (born 20 February 1953)
- Work : New Job 1968 (artistic director of La Scala, until 1972)
Bordoni quotes B.C. Vol 3.
There was a typo (June instead of January), fixed on 16 Dec 2013.
- Family : Parenting : Kids 1-3 (Three)
- Lifestyle : Work : Same Job more than 10 yrs (Radio-TV 17 years)
- Lifestyle : Social Life : Hobbies, games (Stamp collecting)
- Lifestyle : Social Life : Sports (Tennis, skiing)
- Personal : Death : Long life more than 80 yrs (82)
- Vocation : Education : Administrator (Superintendent)
- Vocation : Education : Teacher (Conservatory professor)
- Vocation : Entertain/Music : Composer/ Arranger (Composed 13 operas)
- Vocation : Entertain/Music : Conductor
- Vocation : Entertain/Business : Entertain Producer (Radio-TV musical programmer)
- Notable : Awards : Vocational award (Numerous)
- Notable : Book Collection : Culture Collection