|born on||2 November 1500 Jul.Cal. (12 Nov 1500 greg.) at 21:10 (= 9:10 PM )|
|Place||Florence, Italy, 43n46, 11e15|
|Timezone||LMT m11e15 (is local mean time)|
|Astrology data||20°03' 12°06 Asc. 27°55'|
Italian renaissance artist, a goldsmith historically renowned as the greatest designer of metal of the medieval period, if not of all time. He was also a fine sculptor.
Son of a architect-musician, he served as an apprentice to a goldsmith. As a youth, Cellini fled to Rome after a duel, then to France. Back in Rome,1523-1540, he received commissions from princes and popes for jewelry, medallions, coins, vases and small objects. His personal capacity for pride and wrath were still unresolved; he murdered two men, fought others, was imprisoned, escaped and traveled frequently. While in France, 1540-1545, he made his famous saltcellar in gold and enamel. From 1554, he concentrated on full-scale sculpture and busts.
He was the author of a spirited, self-centered autobiography, written 1558-1566 and published posthumously in 1728.
Cellini married his housekeeper, Piera di'Parigi with whom he had two illegitimate children. He died on 2/13/1575 OS, Florence, Italy.
- opponent/rival/enemy relationship with Bandinelli, Baccio (born 12 November 1493 Jul.Cal. (21 Nov 1493 greg.)). Notes: Bandinelli tried to sabotage Cellini's career
- Family : Change residence 1523 (Moved back to Rome)
- Family : Change residence 1540 (Moved to France)
- Work : Published/ Exhibited/ Released 1550 (Bust of Bindo Aldoviti)
- Death, Cause unspecified 13 February 1571 Jul.Cal. (23 Feb 1571 greg.) (Age 74)
chart Placidus Equal_H.
Frank C. Clifford sends a copy of pages from the autobiography, "The Life of Benvenuto Cellini," Heron Books, 1968, "She was delivered on a night of all Saints, following the feast day, at half-past four precisely, in the year 1500." With the annunciation calendar, the day began at sunset, 4:40 PM, and the birth four and a half hours after that. Fagan in AA, 8/1964, gave 8:53 PM as B.R., Blackwell has 8:02:22 U.T., November 2 OS
- Traits : Personality : Temper
- Traits : Personality : Vain/ Self-absorbed
- Family : Relationship : Number of Marriages (One)
- Family : Parenting : Kids 1-3 (Two illegitimate kids)
- Lifestyle : Home : Expatriate (Fled to France)
- Lifestyle : Home : Many moves
- Passions : Criminal Perpetrator : Homicide involvement (Killed two men)
- Passions : Criminal Perpetrator : Prison sentence (Imprisoned, escaped)
- Vocation : Art : Commercial artist (Goldsmith, artisan and sculptor)
- Vocation : Art : Fine art artist (Sculptor)
- Vocation : Writers : Autobiographer
- Notable : Famous : Top 5% of Profession
- Notable : Book Collection : American Book