Catherine of Aragon, Queen
|born on||16 December 1485 Jul.Cal. (25 Dec 1485 greg.) at 00:30 (= 12:30 AM )|
|Place||Alcalá de Henares, Spain, 40n29, 3w22|
|Timezone||LMT m3w22 (is local mean time)|
|Astrology data||03°34' 17°33 Asc. 08°49'|
Spanish-born Queen of England. At age two, Catherine was presented to the English ambassadors who had come to seek a marriage between the child and the son of Henry VII. She married another, but after she was widowed, became the first wife of Henry VIII in 1509. She had one daughter, Mary, on 2/28/1516 NS, who became Queen Mary of England. In 1526, she was divorced by Henry and was never again allowed to see her child.
Catherine died 1/17/1536 NS, Kimboltan, England.
- parent->child relationship with Mary, Queen of England (born 18 February 1516 Jul.Cal. (28 Feb 1516 greg.))
- spouse relationship with Arthur Tudor, Prince of Wales (born 20 September 1486 Jul.Cal. (29 Sep 1486 greg.))
- spouse relationship with Henry VIII, King of England (born 28 June 1491 Jul.Cal. (7 July 1491 greg.))
- Relationship : Marriage 1509 (Second marriage, Henry)
- Family : Change in family responsibilities 1516 (Daughter born)
- Family trauma 1526 (Daughter taken away from her)
Biography: Alison Weir "The Six Wives of Henry VIII" tells of Catherine's birth "on the night of 15-16 December 1485 in the palace of the Bishop of Toledo at Alcala de Henares in the midst of war." the queen, Isabella, had been in the saddle all day before the birth, and rose the next day to go back on the march, consigning the child to nurses. As her birth is usually given as December 16 OS, she was probably born soon after midnight.
- Family : Relationship : Divorce bitter (Divorced by Henry VIII, exiled)
- Family : Relationship : Number of Marriages (Two)
- Family : Relationship : Widowed (First husband)
- Family : Parenting : Kids 1-3 (One daughter)
- Family : Parenting : Kids - Noted (Mary Tudor, Queen)
- Notable : Famous : Royal family (Spain, Queen of England)
- Notable : Book Collection : Profiles Of Women