Catherine de Medici, Queen
|Birthname||Caterina Maria Romula di Lorenzo de' Medici|
|born on||13 April 1519 Jul.Cal. (23 Apr 1519 greg.) at 05:04 (= 05:04 AM )|
|Place||Florence, Italy, 43n46, 11e15|
|Timezone||LMT m11e15 (is local mean time)|
|Astrology data||01°47' 10°20 Asc. 28°58'|
Italian-French royalty, the daughter of Lorenzo, Duke of Urbino and Madeleine de la Tour. She married Henri, duc d'Orleans on 10/28/1533 and became Queen of France when Henri took the throne in 1547; ten kids. Born into a powerful family, she never questioned her right to be hedonistic and cruel.
At Henri's death, he was succeeded by 15-year-old Francis II in 1559; he died a year later. Charles IX, then ten, took the throne till 1574 when the immoral weakling Henri III took the throne at age 23, 1574. Catherine, the mother of three kings, held power through her sons for whom, some accounts say, she had "an abnormal relationship and affection."
She died of pneumonia 1/05/1589, Blois, France.
- parent->child relationship with Charles IX, King of France (born 27 June 1550 Jul.Cal. (7 July 1550 greg.))
- parent->child relationship with Francis II, King of France (born 19 January 1544 Jul.Cal. (29 Jan 1544 greg.))
- parent->child relationship with Henri III, King of France (born 19 September 1551 Jul.Cal. (29 Sep 1551 greg.))
- parent->child relationship with Marguerite II, Queen of France (born 14 May 1553 Jul.Cal. (24 May 1553 greg.))
- spouse relationship with Henri II, King of France (born 31 March 1519 Jul.Cal. (10 Apr 1519 greg.))
- Work : Gain social status 1547 (Henri took the throne)
Fagan in AA 2/70 gives "recorded as sunrise." Martin Harvey in Nativitas I says, "No historic evidence has been found." Garicus gave 4:38 AM and Giuntini, 5:23 AM. NN No.537 gives 4:30 AM. PC Q. NN No.537 for 4:00 AM. Holliday quotes two different biographies for 11:00 AM.
- Traits : Personality : Aggressive/ brash (Powerful, dominant)
- Family : Relationship : Mate - Noted (King Henri of France)
- Family : Relationship : Widowed (King Henri)
- Family : Parenting : Kids more than 3 (Ten)
- Notable : Famous : Royal family (France-Italy)
- Notable : Book Collection : Profiles Of Women