|Birthname||Oleg Loiewski Cassini|
|born on||11 April 1913 at 02:00 (= 02:00 AM )|
|Place||Paris, France, 48n52, 2e20|
|Timezone||GMT h0e (is standard time)|
|Astrology data||20°35' 11°06 Asc. 22°15'|
French fashion designer and bon vivant with jet-set clientele. The son of Russian and Italian parents, from an impoverished European aristocratic family and an iron-willed mother, he knew how to live well. He played polo on the Army cavalry team during WW II and basked in the Hollywood of the '40s with friends and lovers.
Cassini married Gene Tierney in 1941. Following his divorce from Tierney in 1952 he romanced Grace Kelly to whom he was unofficially engaged before she decided to marry Prince Rainier. He was later known for being the couturier to Jackie Kennedy and his memory of the Camelot years is lively. His autobiography, "In My Own Fashion," offers his portrait of himself as a playboy, a story of the high life that includes great gossip of the era.
The designer whose career spanned seven decades died on March 17, 2006 on Long Island, NY at age 92.
- friend relationship with Onassis, Jacqueline Kennedy (born 28 July 1929)
- lover relationship with Grace, Princess of Monaco (born 12 November 1929)
- spouse relationship with Tierney, Gene (born 19 November 1920)
Autobiography "In My Own Fashion," 1987, p.16
- Lifestyle : Financial : Rags to riches (Impoverished aristocrats)
- Lifestyle : Social Life : Friends (Jet-set friends)
- Personal : Death : Long life more than 80 yrs (Nearly 93)
- Vocation : Beauty : Designer/ Fashion (Own label, noted design line)
- Vocation : Beauty : Designer/ Fashion (Courturier)
- Vocation : Military : Military service (WW II)
- Vocation : Sports : Water sports (Polo)
- Vocation : Writers : Autobiographer
- Notable : Famous : Top 5% of Profession
- Notable : Book Collection : Culture Collection