Kasimir von Brandenburg-Kulmbach
|born on||27 September 1481 Jul.Cal. (6 Oct 1481 greg.) at 06:00 (= 06:00 AM )|
|Place||Ansbach, Germany, 49n17, 10e34|
|Timezone||LMT m10e34 (is local mean time)|
|Astrology data||12°59' 02°43 Asc. 10°47'|
German royalty, the Margrave of Bayreuth from 1515 to 1527. He was the son of Frederick I and his wife Princess Sofia.
From 1498, his father granted him the position of stadtholder of the margraviate during his extensive travels. He ruled under the guidance of experienced advisors. In 1515, Casimir and his brother George deposed their father, who had greatly burdened the finances of the margraviate with his lavish lifestyle. As his brother often stayed at the Hungarian royal court, Casimir ruled Brandenburg-Ansbach on his behalf.
The overthrow of their father outraged his other brothers and led to far-reaching political countermeasures. When Elector Joachim I of Brandenburg visited Kulmbach during his journey to Augsburg and wanted to plead for the release of Frederick I, he was denied access to the Plassenburg. Joachim's brother Albert turned against him and sided with the Emperor and was rewarded with a cardinal's hat. The dispute was resolved, when an agreement was reached in 1522 in which the demands of the other brothers were met.
Casimir died at Buda on 21 September 1527. His brother George took up the regency of Brandenburg-Kulmbach until Albert II Alcibiades came of age in 1541.
On 25 August 1518, Casimir married Susanna of Bavaria, the daughter of Duke Albert IV of Bavaria. They had five children: Marie of Brandenburg-Kulmbach (1519-1567); Catherine (1520–1521); Albert II Alcibiades (1522–1557), Margrave of Brandenburg-Kulmbach; Kunigunde (1524–1558); and Frederick (1525).
- sibling relationship with Albert of Prussia (born 17 May 1490 Jul.Cal. (26 May 1490 greg.))
- sibling relationship with Anna von Brandenburg-Ansbach-Kulmbach (born 5 May 1487 Jul.Cal. (14 May 1487 greg.))
- sibling relationship with Barbara von Brandenburg-Ansbach-Kulmbach (born 24 September 1495 Jul.Cal. (3 Oct 1495 greg.))
- sibling relationship with Elisabeth von Brandenburg-Ansbach-Kulmbach (born 26 March 1494 Jul.Cal. (4 Apr 1494 greg.))
- sibling relationship with Georg der Fromme (born 4 March 1484 Jul.Cal. (13 Mar 1484 greg.))
- sibling relationship with Johann von Brandenburg-Ansbach-Kulmbach (born 9 January 1493 Jul.Cal. (18 Jan 1493 greg.))
- sibling relationship with Sophie von Brandenburg-Ansbach-Kulmbach (born 10 March 1485 Jul.Cal. (19 Mar 1485 greg.))
Sy Scholfield quotes the chronicle of events in "Allgemeine preussische staats-geschichte, samt aller dazu gehörigen königreichs, churfürstenthums, herzogthümer, fürstenthümer, graf- und herrschaften, aus bewährten schriftstellern und urkunden bis auf gegenwärtige regierung," Volumes 3-4, by Karl Friedrich Pauli (C. P. Francken, 1762), p. 427: "Marggraf Casimir, geboren 1481 den 27ten Sept. nach 6 den Morgens." [born after 6 in the morning].
- Notable : Famous : Royal family