|Birthname||Eleanor Rosalynn Smith|
|born on||18 August 1927 at 06:00 (= 06:00 AM )|
|Place||Plains, Georgia (US), 32n02, 84w24|
|Timezone||CST h6w (is standard time)|
|Astrology data||24°32' 07°04 Asc. 05°38'|
American First Lady, the wife of Jimmy Carter who was sworn in as U.S. President 1/20/1977. As a teenager, her beloved dad died and her grandmom the same year and her mom had a struggle.
She married Carter 7/07/1946; four kids, John, born 7/03/1947, James, 4/12/1950, Jeff, 8/18/1952 and Amy, 10/19/1967.
After her husband's retirement, Rosalynn wrote that she thought they'd go home and be bored for the rest of their lives, but they simply did not have the time. She and Jimmy are both too busy with civic and philanthropic activities such as Habitat for Humanity, a network of volunteers who build homes for the needy. They jointly wrote a 1987 best-seller "Everything to Gain, Making the Most of The Rest of Your Life." With a generous, practical, hands-on approach to life, she founded the Rosalynn Carter Institute at Georgia College in Americus, a research institute of the care giving process, a lifelong interest of hers. Her third book came out in 1994, "Helping Yourself Help Others, A Book for Caregivers." At 68 she is petite, purposeful, serious, a little formal in interviews as a result of youthful shyness, but warm and open about her family.
In 1998, she put out her "Helping Someone With Mental Illness," Times Books. Erasing the stigma of mental illness has long been one of her priorities. As the nation's first lady, she was honorary chair of the President's Commission on Mental Health, whose work resulted in passage of the Mental Health Systems Act of 1980, which advocated health insurance coverage for the mentally and ill and their protection against discrimination.
- parent->child relationship with Carter, Amy (born 19 October 1967)
- parent->child relationship with Carter, Chip (born 12 April 1950)
- spouse relationship with Carter, Jimmy (born 1 October 1924). Notes: Happy very
- other kin relationship with Carter, James Earl III (born 25 February 1977). Notes: Grandmother
- Work : Published/ Exhibited/ Released 1987 (Co-authored book with husband)
Dell Horoscope quotes data from her mom, born at her grandmom's house.
Sy Scholfield quotes same data in "Current Biography Yearbook" (1979), p. 70: "Rosalynn Smith was born on August 18, 1927 at 6 A.M. on her mother's family farm a few miles outside Plains, Georgia."
- Traits : Personality : Principled strongly
- Family : Childhood : Disadvantaged (Mom struggled to get by)
- Family : Childhood : Family traumatic event (Father and grandmom died in same year)
- Family : Relationship : Marriage more than 15 Yrs (Since 1946)
- Family : Relationship : Marriage - Very happy
- Family : Relationship : Mate - Noted (Jimmy Carter)
- Family : Relationship : Number of Marriages (One, lasting)
- Family : Parenting : Kids more than 3 (Four)
- Lifestyle : Financial : Philanthropist (Habitat for Humanity)
- Vocation : Politics : Activist/ social (Civic activities)
- Vocation : Writers : Textbook/ Non-fiction
- Notable : Famous : Founder/ originator (Founded Rosalyn Carter Institute)
- Notable : Book Collection : Profiles Of Women