|Birthname||O'Carroll, Marie Madeleine Bernadette|
|born on||26 February 1906 at 15:00 (= 3:00 PM )|
|Place||West Bromwich, England, 52n31, 1w56|
|Timezone||GMT h0w (is standard time)|
|Astrology data||07°07' 14°57 Asc. 10°35'|
British actress who was a gentle, well-bred leading lady of the '30s and '40s. On-screen from 1928, her work includes the Hollywood pictures "39 Steps," "Prisoner of Zenda," and "My Favorite Blonde."
Though she became a U.S. citizen in 1943, England was always first in her heart. With WW II she returned to London to work for the Allied Relief Fund and was also very active with the American Red Cross. For her efforts, she was honored by the American Legion and the French government, and in 1948 the National Conference of Christians and Jews named her "Woman of the Year."
She made only three postwar pictures before retiring to devote her time to UNESCO, nonetheless playing an occasional role on stage or TV. Because of her beautifully modulated voice and diction, she was welcomed to radio dramas.
Carroll married and divorced four times. Her husbands included Philip Astley, 1931, followed by the French film producer Henri Lavorel, then Sterling Hayden, 1942-1946, and Life magazine publisher Andrew Heiskell 1950-1965. At 78, she lived on a large farm near Paris.
Carroll died of gall bladder cancer 10/2/1987 near Marbella, Spain.
- Death by Disease 2 October 1987 (Gall bladder cancer, age 81)
chart Placidus Equal_H.
- Relationship : Marriage 1942 (Sterling Hayden)
- Relationship : Marriage 1950 (Andrew Heiskell)
- Work : New Career 1928 (Debut on screen)
- Work : Prize 1948 (Woman of the Year)
Church of Light quotes Tucker, "data from her in 1935"
Tucker later had an article in Dell in which he stated 00:40 AM but the chart was shown for 12:40 PM.
(Tucker's data was remarkably unreliable.)
- Vocation : Entertainment : Actor/ Actress
- Vocation : Entertainment : Live Stage (Legitimate theater and film)
- Lifestyle : Home : Expatriate (England, Spain and France)
- Personal : Death : Long life more than 80 yrs (Age 81)
- Diagnoses : Major Diseases : Cancer (Gall bladder)
- Family : Relationship : Number of Marriages (Four)
- Family : Relationship : Number of Divorces (Four)
- Family : Relationship : Mate - Noted (Husbands)
- Notable : Book Collection : Profiles Of Women
- Lifestyle : Financial : Gain - Money Through Marriage
- Family : Relationship : Marriage more than 15 Yrs (Andrew Heiskell, fourth husband)
- Vocation : Politics : Activist/ social (Allied Relief Fund, UNESCO)
- Vocation : Military : Military service (War relief in London as a civilian)
- Notable : Awards : Public Service (Woman of the Year 1948)