|Birthname||Carol Diahann Johnson|
|born on||17 July 1935 at 21:35 (= 9:35 PM )|
|Place||New York, New York, 40n43, 74w0|
|Timezone||EDT h4w (is daylight saving time)|
|Astrology data||24°31' 20°09 Asc. 18°43'|
American actress and singer on Broadway, TV and films; recording artist. The daughter of a subway conductor and a domestic servant, she spent one year of her childhood with an aunt when her parent's circumstances became too difficult to keep her. The fear of abandonment and the insecurity of the change stayed with her all of her life. At age ten she won a scholarship to the Met for a month, giving her a glimpse of glorious possibilities. She changed her name at 16 for an audition for "Arthur Godfrey's Talent Scouts." She got the job and her career began.
At 19 she first came to prominence in "Carmen Jones," followed by "Porgy and Bess," 1959. On film she played every type of role from middle-class working woman on welfare to the glamorous schemer on TV's prime time soap, "Dynasty," 1980-1989. Carroll had her own TV series, "Julia," in 1988, a two-year ground-breaking series about a black nurse. She was nominated for an Oscar for the movie, "Claudia."
Carroll's domestic life was turbulent. She made a teen-age marriage in 1956 to agent Monte Kay, which produced her only child, her daughter Suzanne. She left Kay for a stormy nine-year affair with Sidney Poitier, whom she called "a black panther." He too was married and stayed married during the duration of their liaison. She and Kay divorced in 1962 but remained good friends up to the time of his death in 1988.
In 1970, she began three intense and public years with David Frost, with whom she has remained "best friends." When they separated, she married a Las Vegas businessman briefly, an episode that lasted for three months, until he beat her up.
Her third husband, a 24-year-old black journalist in 1975, much younger than she, was killed in a car accident two years later when he drove his Ferrari off a cliff.
After knowing Vic Damone for some 20 years, they were performing on the same bill in Palm Beach when they were simultaneously hit by Cupid's thunderbolt on 4/18/1984, a date they refer to as their anniversary. A few months later, he proposed, and they married on 1/03/1987, Atlantic City, NJ. They separated in April 1991, and he filed for divorce 9/11/1996, Los Angeles, CA.
In her autobiography, "Diahann," 1986, Carroll reveals the dark side of her life, crisis love affairs and dangerous dependencies. She spent four torturous and cathartic years exploring her past.
During a routine medical visit in 5/11/1998, a lump was found in her breast which was removed in a lumpectomy three days later, followed by six radiation treatments. Feeling relieved and well, she prepared to tour the country promoting her new album, "The Time of My Life."
- business associate/partner relationship with Collins, Joan (born 23 May 1933). Notes: Co-stars on "Dynasty"
- business associate/partner relationship with Evans, Linda (born 18 November 1942). Notes: Co-stars on "Dynasty"
- business associate/partner relationship with Locklear, Heather (born 25 September 1961). Notes: Co-stars on "Dynasty"
- business associate/partner relationship with Oxenberg, Catherine (born 22 September 1961). Notes: Co-stars on "Dynasty"
- business associate/partner relationship with Thomson, Gordon (born 2 March 1945). Notes: Co-stars on "Dynasty"
- lover relationship with Frost, David (born 7 April 1939)
- Relationship : Marriage 1956 (First marriage)
- Relationship : Marriage 1975 (Second husband died after one year)
- Death of Mate 1976 (Husband died after one year)
- Work : Published/ Exhibited/ Released 2 May 1984 (Debut appearance on "Dynasty", episode 87 "New Lady in Town")
chart Placidus Equal_H.
B.C. in hand from the Wilsons
(The B.C. is hard to read; Contemporary American Horoscopes gives 9:35 PM, Steinbrecher reads it as 9:35 PM, Frank C. Clifford believes is is 9:55 PM)
- Traits : Body : Appearance gorgeous
- Traits : Body : Race (Black)
- Diagnoses : Body Part Problems : Surgery
- Family : Childhood : Disadvantaged (Poverty, abrupt changes)
- Family : Childhood : Memories Bad (Felt abandoned by parents)
- Family : Relationship : Cohabitation more than 3 yrs (Nine-year affair with Poitier)
- Family : Relationship : Marriage less than 3 Yrs (Second husband three months)
- Family : Relationship : Mate - Interracial (Both black and white partners)
- Family : Relationship : Mate - Noted (Vic Damone, fourth husband)
- Family : Relationship : Number of Divorces (Four)
- Family : Relationship : Number of Marriages (Four)
- Family : Relationship : Stress - Domestic violence (Second husband beat her)
- Family : Relationship : Widowed (1976)
- Family : Parenting : Kids 1-3 (One daughter)
- Lifestyle : Financial : Rags to riches
- Personal : Misc. : Changed name (Changed name at 16)
- Vocation : Beauty : Model
- Vocation : Entertainment : Actor/ Actress
- Vocation : Entertainment : Live Stage (Legitimate theater, musicals)
- Vocation : Entertainment : TV series/ Soap star (Dynastry, Julia)
- Vocation : Entertain/Music : Vocalist/ Pop, Rock, etc.
- Vocation : Writers : Autobiographer
- Notable : Book Collection : Profiles Of Women