Carpenter, Mary Chapin
|born on||21 February 1958 at 05:46 (= 05:46 AM )|
|Place||Princeton, New Jersey, 40n21, 74w40|
|Timezone||EST h5w (is standard time)|
|Astrology data||02°19' 02°49 Asc. 09°17'|
American musician, singer, songwriter and recording artist. The daughter of a Life magazine executive, she spent part of her early life in Japan. She grew up with a love of contemporary pop music with some interest in country and folk, playing guitar. She took her University degree in American Civilization.
In 1986, Carpenter won a talent night competition and became a local star, winning awards and gigs before signing a major label in Nashville and making her first record. She kept performing in bars, drinking and gaining experience, steadily increasing her popularity.
Notable as a songwriter, her material was picked up by top artists for performances. Her hit in 1992, "I Feel Lucky," plus a strong country album, "Come On, Come On" put her in the role of a top new star in country music. The strawberry-blonde performer was voted CMA's Female Vocalist of the Year, 2/1992.
On 6/01/2002, Mary married contractor Timmy Smith in Batesville, VA.
She suffered a pulmonary embolism while on tour in the spring of 2007, but soon recovered.
- Work : Prize 1986 (Minor talent night competition)
- Work : Prize 1992 (CMA's Female Vocalist of the Year)
- Work : Published/ Exhibited/ Released 1992 (Album "I Feel Lucky")
B.C. in hand from Frank C. Clifford
- Traits : Body : Hair (Strawberry-blonde)
- Family : Childhood : Advantaged (Well traveled)
- Lifestyle : Work : Travel for work
- Lifestyle : Financial : Gain - Financial success in field
- Vocation : Entertain/Music : Instrumentalist (Guitar)
- Vocation : Entertain/Music : Song writer
- Vocation : Entertain/Music : Vocalist/ Pop, Rock, etc.
- Notable : Awards : Vocational award (CMA's Vocalist of the Year)
- Notable : Book Collection : Profiles Of Women