Carl XVI Gustaf, King of Sweden
|Birthname||Carl Gustaf Folke Hubertus|
|born on||30 April 1946 at 10:30 (= 10:30 AM )|
|Place||Stockholm, Sweden, 59n20, 18e03|
|Timezone||MET h1e (is standard time)|
|Astrology data||09°26' 23°07 Asc. 15°16'|
Swedish royalty, the king upon the death of his grandfather, Gustaf VI, assuming the throne on 9/15/1973. The youngest child, he had four older sisters. His father was prince Gustav Adolf (who died in an air crash in 1947 in Copenhagen).
He married German born Silvia Sommerlath on 6/19/1976, whom he met while she was working at the 1972 Munich Olympics and he was the Crown Prince Carl Gustaf. She was born on 12/23/1943, Heidelberg-Germany. Their first child is Princess Victoria, 1977, followed by Carl Philip, 5/13/1979 and Madeleine, 6/10/1982.
The king has suffered for years with dyslexia, trying to hide his disability and becoming angered when the press focused on him. His disability became apparent to the press when he was visiting a mine where many Swedish kings have placed their signatures on a rock face; when applying his name, it was misspelled.
- parent->child relationship with Carl Philip, Prince (born 13 May 1979)
- parent->child relationship with Madeleine, Princess (born 10 June 1982)
- parent->child relationship with Victoria, Crown Princess of Sweden (1977) (born 14 July 1977)
- child->parent relationship with Gustaf Adolf, Duke of Västerbotten (born 22 April 1906)
- spouse relationship with Silvia, Queen of Sweden (born 23 December 1943)
- sibling relationship with Princess Désirée, Baroness Silfverschiöld (born 2 June 1938)
- other kin relationship with Alexander, Duke of Södermanland (born 19 April 2016). Notes: Grandfather
- other kin relationship with Gustaf VI Adolf, King of Sweden (born 11 November 1882). Notes: Grandfather
- Family : Change in family responsibilities 1977 (First child, Princess Victoria)
- Family : Change in family responsibilities 13 May 1979 (Second, Carl Philip)
chart Placidus Equal_H.
PT changed this record in late April 2009 upon information provided by an Astro.com forum member who referred to an online copy of a FAX from Cecilia Wilmshardt, the royal family information director (http://www.stjarnrummet.com/horoskopdata/kungahuset/index.html). The contributing forum member writes that "The [accompanying] article says that on 24 Aug 1995, Stjärnrummet phoned Cecilia Wilmhardt asking for the Royal family's birth data. This was granted immediately and the fax arrived a few hours later. But because there had been a few sources saying the time was 10.20am, they called Wilmhardt again for confirmation. She called back a few minutes later saying that both she and her secretary had checked Sibylla's (the King's mother) medical record again, and it indeed said 10.30. . The coordinates given are for Haga Palace in Stockholm.
Previously, this record carried a DD rating with a time of 9:20 MET with the following source notes: "Marcello Borges quotes Nicholas Campion (his book on royals, "Born to Reign," unfortunately doesn't state original sources).
Lescaut quotes Ebertin for B.R.of 10:20 AM; not confirmed. Zodiak gives 10:46 AM, Stockholm, in a Dutch magazine.He was born at the royal palace called Haga, which is in the center/north of Stockholm.Fred Opmeer writes, "Concerning the conflicting/unverified birthtime: I do not have any data myself but will put this as a question on a dutch astrological mailing list and will also send a mail to a swedish site with this question. When I have some results, I will tell you"
Sy Scholfield cites official birth announcement quoted in Carl XVI Gustaf - Den motvillige monarken by Tove Meyer, Deanne Rauscher and Thomas Sjöberg (Bokförlaget Lind & Co, 2010): "Då vi härigenom meddela Eder den för konungahus och folk glädjande underrättelse, att H.K.H. Hertiginnan av Västerbotten den 30 april 1946 kl. 10.20 blivit lyckligen förlöst med en son..." Translation: We hereby announce that H.R.H. the Duchess of Västerbotten on 30 April 1946 at 10:20 a.m. was happily delivered of a son..." The book adds that the Expressen newspaper announced 10:30 AM as the time of birth.
- Diagnoses : Psychological : Dyslexia
- Family : Childhood : Advantaged
- Family : Childhood : Family noted (Granddad, Gustaf VI)
- Family : Parenting : Kids 1-3 (First born a daughter)
- Family : Parenting : Kids - Noted (Daughter Princess Victoria)
- Notable : Famous : Royal family (Sweden)