|Birthname||Eric Daniel Pierre Cantona|
|born on||24 May 1966 at 00:30 (= 12:30 AM )|
|Place||Marseille, France, 43n18, 5e24|
|Timezone||MET h1e (is standard time)|
|Astrology data||02°22' 17°38 Asc. 08°39'|
French soccer player, one of the most talented athletes of his generation; played for numerous teams in France during the late 1980s and early 1990s. On 11/05/1983, he played his first pro match with Auxerre and despite his difficulties, and his frequent brushes with the French football authorities, Cantona was acknowledged to be a truly brilliant player, though noted for his bad temper. His brother Joel also played pro ball.
He became established in the French national team, and won the French Championship with Olympique Marseille and the French Cup with Montpellier. In the beginning of 1992 he left for England, arriving in Leeds in February. By May, Leeds FC had become champion for the first time in eighteen years. Cantona, of course, had to be different and, in November of that year, he switched to Manchester United. There, he acquired a nickname that suited him down to the ground: "Eric the Red" and... the Premier League title in May 1993. It was the first time in 26 years that Manchester United had been League Champions.
In December 1993, he was nominated Player of the Year by his peers and, in 1994, Manchester United won the double: the F.A. Cup and the Championship. In the summer of 1995 he played a part in Etienne Chatilliez’s film "Le Bonheur est dans le pré," and in May 1997 he played the last soccer match of his career with Manchester United.
Cantona wished from now on to focus on his interests in poetry, painting and the movie business. On 8/26/1995 he produced Jean-Louis Bourdon’s play "Derrière les Collines."
Cantona was married 1987 to Isabelle Ferrer, they have two children; Raphael (born 1988) and Josephine (born 1995). He is now married to actor Rachida Brakni.
- associate relationship with Freiss, Stéphane (born 22 November 1960)
- spouse relationship with Brakni, Rachida (born 15 February 1977). Notes: married 2007
- sibling relationship with Cantona, Joel (born 26 October 1967)
- Family : Change residence 1992 (Moved to England to join team there)
- Work : Prize 1994 (Team won the F.A. Cup and Championship)
Petitallot quotes B.C., Cadran No.17, 3/1995
- Traits : Personality : Temper
- Family : Childhood : Sibling circumstances (Brother also a player)
- Lifestyle : Work : Travel for work (Tours)
- Lifestyle : Work : Work in team/ Tandem (Soccer)
- Lifestyle : Social Life : Hobbies, games (Poetry and painting)
- Vocation : Entertain/Business : Entertain Producer (Produced a play)
- Vocation : Sports : Soccer (Pro. and Champion)
- Notable : Awards : Sports Championship (F.A. Cup and Championship)
- Notable : Awards : Vocational award (Player of the Year)
- Notable : Famous : Top 5% of Profession