|Birthname||Calment, Jeanne Louise|
|born on||21 February 1875 at 07:00 (= 07:00 AM )|
|Place||Arles, France, 43n40, 4e38|
|Timezone||LMT m4e38 (is local mean time)|
|Astrology data||02°16' 13°26 Asc. 04°15'|
French longevity case who celebrated her 122nd birthday in 1997. She is blind and is nearly deaf but her mind and wit remain sharp. Never sorry for herself, ready with a quip, she recently set up her own Website after being shown how to work a computer. For last year's birthday, she recorded a rap CD, the release of which sparked a media circus.
She took vigorous daily walks up to 1990 when she broke her hip, now is in a wheelchair. At 100, she still rode her bike and she quit smoking at 118. She lives in a nursing home on the outskirts of Arles. Her one child, born in 1898, died in 1934. Her husband died in 1942 and her only grandson was killed in a car crash in 1963.
"Guinness Book of World Records" lists her as the oldest living person whose birth date can be authenticated.
Calment reached the end of the trail on 8/04/1997 at 11.15 a.m., Arles, France.
- associate relationship with Burrier, Suzanne (born 14 March 1901)
- associate relationship with Pérignon, Henri (born 14 October 1879)
- compare to chart of Morano, Emma (born 29 November 1899)
- compare to chart of Vellard, Lydie (born 18 March 1875)
- Family : Change in family responsibilities 1898 (Only child born)
- Death of Child 1934 (Only child died)
- Death of Mate 1942 (Husband died)
- Death of Significant person 1963 (Only grandchild killed)
- Health : Medical diagnosis 1990 (Broke her hip)
Paddy de Jabrun quoted bc in Astralis (cedra's periodical).
B.C. printed in Cadran No.16, 2/95
Sy Scholfield notes that the BC has been published at Wikimedia Commons: http://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/File:Acte_de_naissance_de_Jeanne_Calment.png
- Diagnoses : Body Part Problems : Eyes (Blind when aged)
- Diagnoses : Body Part Problems : Ears (Nearly deaf when aged)
- Diagnoses : Body Part Problems : Bone (Broke hip when 115)
- Family : Relationship : Widowed
- Family : Parenting : Kids 1-3 (One)
- Family : Parenting : Kids -Traumatic event (Outlived her only child and grandchild died)
- Personal : Death : Long life more than 80 yrs (Age 122)
- Notable : Famous : Notable extremes (Longevity; over 122)
- Notable : Book Collection : Profiles Of Women