|born on||5 February 1951 at 02:45 (= 02:45 AM )|
|Place||Portland OR, USA, 45n31, 122w40|
|Timezone||PST h8w (is standard time)|
|Astrology data||15°50' 04°03 Asc. 02°46'|
American artist, Portland's famous quadriplegic cartoonist. He established his reputation with dark humor making fun of those with disabilities, using macabre humor, and often offending other races and ethnicities. Callahan suffered from alcoholism even as a young boy. In 1972 he was a passenger in a car driven by someone who had been drinking. A terrible collision with a utility pole severed his spinal cord and he became paralyzed from the diaphragm down. He continued to draw after the accident but with great difficulty. In 1978 he joined Alocholics Anonymous.
Adopted as an infant, he was the oldest child of six in his adoptive family. He died on July 24, 2010 from complications of his paralysis including respiratory problems.
- Death by Disease 24 July 2010 (of respiratory and other complications, age 59, in Portland, OR)
chart Placidus Equal_H.
- Health : Accident (Non-fatal) 1972 (Car accident causing quadriplegia)
- Social : Joined group 1978 (Alcoholics Anonymous)
Don Borkowski quotes him by email 12/1999
- Vocation : Art : Cartoonist
- Diagnoses : Body Part Problems : Paralysis (Quadraplegic)
- Diagnoses : Psychological : Abuse Alcohol
- Personal : Death : Illness/ Disease
- Family : Relationship : Married late/never (Never)