|Birthname||Naftaly/ Nathan Birnbaum|
|born on||20 January 1896|
|Place||New York, New York, 40n43, 74w0|
|Timezone||EST h5w (is standard time)|
|Astrology data||or or|
American actor, comedian and vaudeville song-and-dance man, teamed with Gracie Allen in 1925 for a long career on radio, TV and film.
Burns was born into a large, poor Jewish family in Manhattan's lower east side. With an early love of show biz, "Natty" became a veteran of vaudeville with no great talent or skills until he met Irish Catholic Grace Allen. They formed a comedy duo who were a smash hit from the start with George playing straight man for Gracie; one of the funniest couples ever. They married and together, conquered every media of entertainment. Gracie died in 1964 and George continued his dry, droll wit until he was 100. He died 9 March 1996, 10:00 AM, at his home in Beverly Hills, California.
- associate relationship with Benjamin, Richard (born 22 May 1938). Notes: Co-star in "The Sunshine Boys," 1975
- associate relationship with Matthau, Walter (born 1 October 1920). Notes: Co-star in "The Sunshine Boys," 1975
- Relationship : Begin significant relationship 1925 (Became a duo with Gracie Allen)
- Death of Mate 1964 (Gracie died)
- Work : Prize 1975 (Academy Award for Best Supporting Actor)
LMR quotes reference for date; time unknown. Sy Scholfield quotes from George Burns: An American Life by Lawrence J. Epstein (McFarland, 2011), p. 10: "on January 20, 1896, Naftaly Birnbaum ... was born in the family tenement apartment at 95 Pitt Street in New York... [his father] Lipa's occupation was listed as a tailor on his new son's birth certificate..."
Starkman rectified it to 5.04.24 EST
- Traits : Personality : Loved by all
- Family : Relationship : Mate - Noted (Gracie Allen)
- Personal : Death : Long life more than 80 yrs (Over 100)
- Vocation : Entertainment : Actor/ Actress
- Vocation : Entertainment : Comedy (Highly noted comedian)
- Vocation : Entertain/Music : Vocalist/ Pop, Rock, etc.
- Notable : Awards : Oscar (Best Supporting Actor)